Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Responses. *poss trig?

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Dovahkiin

Responses. *poss trig?

Postby Dovahkiin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:32 pm

I feel like I'm getting very few of these. It's usually one or two people that reply. Granted it's more than once they reply which don't get me wrong I find very helpful. But response vs views, I get a few, usually of the same people, but there's a ton of views. Am I just being sensitive or is this the way it is? Please don't tell me that because I'm doing well and have nothing massively dramatic to say that I'm to be seen and barely heard on here too? It's just everyone else seems to be getting a lot of responses and off lots of different people. Maybe people just don't like me? I mean I wouldn't blame them, I don't particularly like me. Maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself? Maybe I'm just being sensitive? Although to be honest, even though I've been unintentionally a bit dramatic over the last few days about cutting and stuff I still only got one or two people replying. I honestly don't know if it's the way I'm feeling right now or whether this is the way it really is.

umbrella4therain

Re: Responses. *poss trig?

Postby umbrella4therain » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:41 pm

It would suprise me if anyone whos been on here a while hasnt felt that way at some point. I know I have on lots of occassions, feeling a little overlooked and that lots of people post about it too. There could be lots of things putting views up. Im not sure but assume people not signed in can still put the view count up. People all post in different patterns that reflect them, their experiences, the place they are at, what they can relate to etc.
I get where you are coming from and its hard but its a feeling I think a lot of people can relate to and I dont think its about being seen as well more due to individuals having different posting patterns etc. xxx

muchlove

Postby muchlove » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:55 pm

I read lots of posts but quite often can't think of anything useful to say, this might be because I'm feeling crappy, but it doesn't mean I don't care or don't like the people on this board. It's because I hold very little value in my own opinion and sometimes feel its better not to inflict that on other. Sorry your feeling like this
X
"You may be laying in the gutter but at least you'll be looking up at the stars."

Dovahkiin

Postby Dovahkiin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:57 pm

I think you've both made valid points. I'm probably just being sensitive as usual. Had a very difficult day with regard to my therapy. Thanks xxxx

oobydoobie

Postby oobydoobie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:11 am

Can understand how you feel as i feel this way often and it's hard not to compare and feel that you are an also ran when you come across a number of threads that are 40/50/75/100/300+ replies long and the average reply to threads you start, minus your own contributions, hovers at under 10 responses.

I've come to the conclusion that certain types of posts whether deserving or not naturally receive more replies and that has a lot has to do with the make up of people who frequent these forums and their tendency to gravitate to like minded types.
Unfortunately if you don't fit in with one of the major types to post here then your reply count is going to be reflected by that fact and the degree that you genuinely need and could do with responses doesn't come into it.
My newspaper

Support on these forums is dictated by being part of the in crowd or not, not by need.

umbrella4therain

Postby umbrella4therain » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:24 am

I think thats true ooby. I dont think the amount of replies is in anyway linked to how deserving or in need of reply a person is. xxx

oobydoobie

Postby oobydoobie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:43 am

I'm trying to adopt a thicker skinned 'If people don't want to reply to my threads then fuck them/they can fuck off' approach but it's easier said than done.
It's the ones that regularly take the time to reply to my posts,few as they may be, that really matter.
As for the rest.....
My newspaper

Support on these forums is dictated by being part of the in crowd or not, not by need.

umbrella4therain

Postby umbrella4therain » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:46 am

Its hard to do. Its about building the self confidence aswell to know that just because you dont get many replies doesnt mean you didnt say something worthwhile or deserving of a response or that people dont care. xxx

Virella

Postby Virella » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:30 am

I'm the same. In fact, often if I've written a post in the early hours (on this and other forums), and no-one has responded in say, an hour (because no-one's on generally!!) I'll get so angry I will delete it. Also, I've got a ridiculously bad habit of reading things on my phone, and thinking "I'll respond to that properly when I get to work", and completely forget. People don't do it out of badness, as the others have said, it's often because they've read because they care about you, but then feel that they can't provide anything useful to the conversation.
Lots of hugs xxxx

Kuruneko

Postby Kuruneko » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Yeah I don`t get many replies, mostly views, I think it is down to individuals who feel "safe" in replying to some peeps but not to others, I don`t subscribe to the "can`t find anything to say" category, I have seen a lot of "hugs for you" or "thinking of you" replies, so you can`t say that to us as well?

I already have a very very low opinion of the general public due to past experiences so none of this comes as a surprise to me, this is not a rant or accusation, merely an observation.
"All the promises I made, just to let you down, you believed in me but I`m broken. I have nothing left and all I feel is this cruel wanting" -lost in paradise [Evanessence]

Return to “Mutual Support Group”