Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

crazy GP

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
wishbone

Re: crazy GP

Postby wishbone » Thu May 24, 2012 8:14 am

I first say wellcome :D
I am just going to summarise first your contacts, because some may not be able to read all of your post. It is my understanding of your post that your new GP has made a suggestion that you have a personality disorder, but is not forwarding you on to get assessed, which you wrote to PCT to provide some understanding and they wrote back telling you to go back to your GP and for you to get back to them if still not satisfied to gain some resolution.

wishbone

Postby wishbone » Thu May 24, 2012 8:15 am

What you put, as the process of assessment, is accurate. There seems to be a problem sometimes to get this process by some professionals to ensure that you have the right diagnosis, so you gain the right treatment.

It is not, in my opinion, satisfactory that they guess and continue to treat you for their guess. It might be the best thing to get another GP. You can change GPs, so, if you have done what the PCT has said with no change, then change GPs. But I would do what the PCT has advised, because, in a complaint, they then could say, but you didn't ask them.

So go back to your GP and try again, if no change, then change GPs and once you feel ok with the new GP and they review your simptoms, then complain. You don't have to complain straight away, you have a year, I think, to put a complaint in.

Do you have any ideas of why you are anxious and feeling depressed? If you have ideas where this is coming from then this will help you gain the right support. Not sure if this helps, but hope you can gain some understanding of what to do that will help resolve things for you

muchlove

Postby muchlove » Thu May 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Wow there's a whole lot going on there!!
I can't advise on much but what I would say is listen to the advice of your advocate. They know the system inside out and will be the best people to advise on the most appropriate course of action.
sorry not much help
Take care and keep us posted on how you get on
X
"You may be laying in the gutter but at least you'll be looking up at the stars."

deadchick07

Postby deadchick07 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:07 pm

listen to your advocate, and go to the appointment.... unfortunately, not attending appointments tends to reinforce the diagnosis of BPD...

good luck tomorrow.
I'm not mad, I'm furious

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty

kasskaa11

Postby kasskaa11 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:07 am

hiya jumpy,

sounds like you have the situation pretty much under control...

good for you for speaking out and using your voice, unfortunately, people
with mh issues cannot assert themselves, and do what they are told, wether
they fee
l its right or wrong...

thank you for speaking out, for yourself, and for others who are unable to,
your correspondence may, one day come in to the hands of the people who
make decisions, and one of them may be able to start the ball rolling in our direction,
we gotta have hope right??

keep us up to date on the situation,

xoxox

survivortoo

Postby survivortoo » Sun May 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Good luck with your attempt at accessing the correct treatment/ diagnosis for you.

I put in a complaint about 8 years back which didn't change much.

However it sounds like your complaint is progressing well.

I certainly would attend the complex needs appointment as otherwise you probably won't get support for your needs.

belle

Postby belle » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi there.
I think it's important to have an outlet for your feelings. Here is as good as anywhere else, so post away!
I'm sorry things are still really tricky for you.
I'm not feeling great and must confess I didn't quite read the whole of your post....
However, it seems a good plan to have what you want to get over in the appoinment written down. That way you don't have the stress of trying to remember it all, it comes out in a way which you have under your control, expressed how you want it to be (and it stops you ducking out of the really difficult stuff).
I don't know how long it takes for trazadone to kick in so a week might not be long enough to make any difference perhaps?
I really hope you can make some positive progress on all this and get the support which is right for you.
Take care.
x

Return to “Mutual Support Group”