Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Phone-calls

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Phone-calls

Postby judithj » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Just had a phone-call from an "out of area" number. I answer it to find someone with a very strong non-UK accent asking to speak to Mr or Mrs X. as only Ms X lives there, i was suspicious and asked who was calling. he said he was calling regarding a car-crash in my area. as i told him (just before i told him to f*** off), I can't even drive. why would someone phone me about something like that? things like this make me feel so scared, i wish i could get rid of my phone, hugs, Judith xxx

whathappened

Re: Phone-calls

Postby whathappened » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:43 pm

sorry your feeling scared Judith. I had telesales phone me one after the other and when I picked up the phone there was no one there. I was delusional at the time and I was convinced the phone was bugged and eventually did actually smash the phone up. I know how you feel. It is scary to think your being targeted. I rang BT and complained and they fixed it. Sending you a big hug. XXX

Alzice

Postby Alzice » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi,

Don't worry about them too much. A lot of people get things like this, I got an email about it a while ago and I don't own a car or drive and have never been in an accident! I think you can get certain numbers blocked or you could just write down the number and not answer those calls if it's the same person bothering you? It's nothing important and it doesn't meant anything so try not to worry about it, they're just paid to bother people

Axx

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:58 pm

the trouble is with these out of area numbers is that i can see they're out of area, but if i don't answer i know they'll keep ringing and ringing, night after night, until i do. i can't block them, because there's no number to block and because they come from abroad, the TPS can't help, hugs, Judith xxx

brachypelma

Postby brachypelma » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Hugs, Your the 4th person I have heard this happen to. Its a scam to get driver info and personal info from random dialling I have had a warning about this something about filing claims (I did not read it fully). Hate that when unknown numbers pop up so let them go through voice mail with a very high pitched harmonic as the recording a real deterrent. Keep safe J x
Time takes away the last few moments..

Aleshadxcherylc

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:22 am

So sorry to hear that the phonecall distressed you.
So sorry I can't advise much
Take care.
Xx
And the tears come streaming down your face,when you lose something you cant replace
Till now, I always got by on my own, I never really cared until I met you
No-one ever comes close to you

wishbone

Postby wishbone » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:59 am

I don't have a phone, because it would be too upsetting. In the past I've had someone phone, who just wanted to hear my voice, so got aroused by it. In the end I use to put the phone down, off the hook and go back to bed, so he spoke to himself. He stopped calling :D

Perhaps if you do the same with these, they will take you off the list, coz it will waste their money and time, er talking to themselves :twisted: .

judithj

Postby judithj » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:19 pm

maybe i should try that. i was hoping that today would be call-free just for a change, but no, my sister's called me already (i didn't answer so no doubt she'll try again). why do people think they have to call on your birthday, when they know you hate phone-calls? hugs, Judith xxx

kasskaa11

Postby kasskaa11 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:13 pm

happy birthday judith!

xoxox

Aleshadxcherylc

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:55 pm

happy birthday judith hope your day has been ok.
xx
And the tears come streaming down your face,when you lose something you cant replace
Till now, I always got by on my own, I never really cared until I met you
No-one ever comes close to you

Return to “Mutual Support Group”