Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

pyscotherapy

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Aleshadxcherylc

pyscotherapy

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi everyone
roughly in about 8-10 weeks time im going to start pyscotherapy it might be longer but anyway just wanted advice im just coming of CBT as i failed and got attatched to my therapist stupidly!, how different is it to CBT? is it still structured do you still get homework?, the only thing i know is its not time limited.
If anyone is in pyscotherapy what can i expect? any advice?
Thanks as im really scared.and i dont think anyone is going to be able to replace or be like my other therapist im never going to get that bond with someone again! :cry:
Katie
xx
Last edited by Aleshadxcherylc on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the tears come streaming down your face,when you lose something you cant replace
Till now, I always got by on my own, I never really cared until I met you
No-one ever comes close to you

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: pyscotherapy

Postby judithj » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:31 pm

i posted an answer on your other thread. Mutual Support is probably the best place to post to get an answer, rather than posting the same thing in different rooms: multiple posting can push other people's posts further down the page and so they can be missed, hugs, Judith xxx

Aleshadxcherylc

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:41 pm

Thank you i have responded.
xx
And the tears come streaming down your face,when you lose something you cant replace

Aleshadxcherylc

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:45 pm

im going to try and rush pyscotherapy so then i can get out quicker! as im not going to bond with my next therapist as i'd never bonded with my others ones, apart form my previous one, im never going to feel that safe i felt, i wont be able to bond as you cant get attatched so i might as well rush it all and get it over and done with.
xx

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:51 pm

trying to rush through it won't help - this isn't about the destination but about the journey: imagine going to Disney World, and only concentrating on getting out of there, instead of looking around you. you don't have to get attached to your therapist, just trust him/her to lead you safely through, hugs, Judith xxx

Aleshadxcherylc

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:15 pm

but its been able to say exactly what i feel as ive only really been able to do that with my past therapist as for other treatments ive had they've given me assessment appointments and then said that kind of treatment wasnt right for me so i find it diffcult to open up and i found it quite easy not the first session but after about session 3 to comeptly tell her honestly how i was.
it going to be difficult
xx

judithj

Postby judithj » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:18 pm

yes it's going to be difficult, but you've been able to do it once and you can do it again, hugs, Judith xxx

Aleshadxcherylc

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:21 pm

my therapist is ringing me up in 2 weeks i dont know what its going to entail? but do you think i could ask her as i have no support till pyscotherapy starts that if she calls me once a week or every 2 weeks just so its someone till pyscotherapy starts, as the support group she suggessted i cant go too as its when i work, i work part time for 4 hours a day and work will not give me the time off as im not full time as thats their rules.
I also feel very odd as ive been typing into google about if people look at their therapists facebook profile page to see if im the only one does it?am i the odd one and only one who does it? ive read comments and i must be really odd and stupid in the head and a freak because everyone else has commented and it says it werid and the reasons for thiking of doing it!, For me it just comfort to know that she is a normal human being like the rest of us and its comforting to see her picture and to know shes ok if she updates it odd freaky i know but i am anyway and also about keeping pictures of my phone of her, people saying to other people its odd and weirid on websites, so like i keep saying to everyone this just shows how odd werid mad creapy i really am, i never told her anything about this whilst in thereapy which i now feel really bad about, but nothing i can do about it now!
hope your ok today
xx
xx

judithj

Postby judithj » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:41 pm

i think it's fair to ask for some support until the psychotherapy starts, but it may not be your old therapist. just having someone to talk to will help, hugs, Judith xxx

Aleshadxcherylc

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:44 pm

it defiantly is because 8-10 weeks is a long time with no support i suppose all i can do is ask her and see what she says.
with this pyscotherapy its not even definate yet i have to have an asessment to see if its going to be right for me!
xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”