Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Is it my time?

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
so sad

Re: Is it my time?

Postby so sad » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:37 am

I had another crap day yesterday -left work early cos I bottled going to a meeting where I knew I would feel vulnerable and terrified. May have to face the consequences today though.

Lorna - how did you get on with your therapist? Of course you can post to me again - I'd be honoured.

I'm luncky with my therapist that although I find it very stressful and often feel really sad afterwards, she is so lovely and I trust her completely. I find it really hard to answer her questions and as she knows that she doesn't pressure me but pushes me gently.

The cats are great to live with although they don't all get on! I was off sick for 5 weeks last Nov/Dec and a new one turned up in the garden and literally moved in. She ignored the tohers and they ignored her, very bizarre behaviour for cats. I called her Peggy but since found out she is a boy. S/he is too girly and effeminate to be a boy so she is still 'My Big Girl' and will stay like that. They are all gorgeous and very individual. They don't get too jealous of each other but they do have their moments.

By the way, you weren't whinging - I hope you feel better about work now. It isn't your fault (easy for me to say) - I guess its what happens. You must have tons of patience to do that job, very admirable

Hope you're ok and take care

xx

so sad

Re: Is it my time?

Postby so sad » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:41 am

Hi Lorna

Please don't apologise. I kow how hard it is to get on here at times. I can't get on at th eweekend cos I'm never on my own at home and I don't want my partner knowing I'm this bad.

I don't know what your therapist means about having a break. Maybe he just means when he has a holiday. I've had 6 sessions with mine so far and had a week off when I was a way and she is away next week (something I'm very worried about). When you see him next I would try to ask him. When I first saw mine she said she normally sees people for 6 sessions and 12 at the most. I need to ask her about that cos if she is going to 'abandon' me at 12 sessions then I'll stop now. I can't cope with opening up to her more and trusting her more to be left hanging. I'm seeing her tomorrow so I'm trying to build up the courage now.

Anyway - how are you?

xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”