Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Work

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
LadyKeldana

Work

Postby LadyKeldana » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:47 pm

Hey All

I'm unemployed at the moment. i was on an apprenticeship, which i had to leave in december due to my depression. i went through various meds that left me unable to do my work or coursework so i fell very behind and eventually got to a point where it was impossible to catch up. since then, i've had 2 temporary jobs, but failed to complete both of them for the time i was meant to because of depression and panic attacks.
I'm not eligible for employment and support allowance, or job seekers, because of how much my live-in partner earns, but yet i have to find work because he doesn't earn enough to support both of us.
the problem is, i don't feel ready. I'm not recieving any treatment except for medication from my GP which i struggle to take. I've been looking for work for the past 2 months, but even that is a struggle. the job advertisements are really intimidating. i only apply for jobs through email, because pn the phone and in person are too scary, and everytime i apply for a job i'm secretly hoping i won't hear back from them because i really don't feel ready for it.
the thing is, everybody is treating me like i'm a lazy bum and it's doing my head in. I struggle just to keep my one bedroom flat clean, and yet my friends have full time jobs, homes and children and they manage just fine. i feel really lost and i hate it. :(

craziememe

Re: Work

Postby craziememe » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 pm

dont compare yourself to everybody else. its more than likely that they arent struggling with depression. go easy on yourself and have a little hope.
get in touch with cab to see if your entilted to any help whilst your not working, maybe ask your gp for a sick note and see what they offer then. its important you get yourself better first and stressing about money worries wont help your depression.
take care xx
Craziememe

deadchick07

Re: Work

Postby deadchick07 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:56 pm

meme is right.

also, if you really want to do something and avoid a hole in your cv, look for a small, few hours a week volunteering opportunity somewhere, employers find volunteers attractive because you are showing willing for no reward.
I'm not mad, I'm furious

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty

Return to “Mutual Support Group”