Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hey You Guys!

If you're new and want to say hello...
moodsurfer

Hey You Guys!

Postby moodsurfer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:54 pm

New here. Borderline Personality Disorder and all the mood absurdity that accompanies..!

I work in mental health, however I still struggle oftentimes. I’m a good listener and have been known to offer sage advice on rare occasions!

Hoping to make some likeminded pals.

MS

rsxo

Re: Hey You Guys!

Postby rsxo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:24 pm

Welcome!x
RSxo <3

moodsurfer

Postby moodsurfer » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:55 am

Hi rsxo

Thank you for welcoming me. How are you today?

MS

piggy

Postby piggy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:33 pm

Well done for working in mental health when you have mental health issues yourself that's what we need more people in these jobs who have lived experience not just out of university books especially in our mental health units to anyone whose advertising for mental health staff take in mind what I've said

moodsurfer

Postby moodsurfer » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:46 pm

Hi piggy

Thank you very much for your very kind message. Much appreciated.

I agree that the field of mental health treatment is richer for employees with lived experience. It’s a tough gig though. We each have finite resources. I’m currently on the sick list because supporting others began to affect my own wellbeing. It’s a delicate balance, as it can be extremely rewarding - if you’re robust enough.

How are you doing currently?

MS

eeyore

Postby eeyore » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:01 am

Hello moodsurfer. Would I be able to ask if it's ok. how does it make you feel that you work in mental health and people with mental health are using forums like this for help and support. mental health can effect anyone and yeah even people who work in the services don't you think that the government should put even more money in to mental health services and less money into things in this country that isn't needed. Wellbeing and health is more important and yes we are all told to help ourselves as much as we can but more needs doing and quick because I myself am really annoyed at how so many people with mental illness are being failed by services I was told by services themselves that I was yet still I'm really unwell. I'm not blaming you just incase you read into this wrong.

eeyore

Postby eeyore » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:13 am

These forums are good though before anyone thinks I'm dissing them I'm not

Return to “Newbies Room”