Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Nightmares

If you're new and want to say hello...
canuck

Nightmares

Postby canuck » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:02 pm

To anyone reading this,

I have anxiety and chronic illnesses and I use amitriptyline to fall asleep. Since I've started the drug my nightmares went from happening 20% of the time to 80%. These nightmares are unreal. They seem realistic and leave me feeling anxious the entire day.
I have dreams from my SO cheating (which is honestly not a fear of mine) to things like having to help children away from monsters using them as sacrifices and sacrificing myself instead. People say when you die in a dream you die in real life but I can confirm I had a dream where I was euthanized and I just drifted off into silence until I woke up shortly after
People around me just keep saying "they're just dreams" and I know they are but the impact they have on me and the anxiety I get for an entire day after doesn't stop. People think I'm being stupid but I think I'm just overwhelmed by the recurring nightmares. Some nights I just don't want to sleep. I have talked to my doctor and it's natural to have the dreams with the medication but I feel stupid for letting these dreams get to me.

hyster

Re: Nightmares

Postby hyster » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:02 am

if you died in a dream how would u be able to tell any1 ???? how would any1 know it was true ??
the only evidence would be dead!!!!

when i have trouble sleeping i listen to a 2 hour youtube vid, its a storm with native music, i find it relaxing, may be worth a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SynzKC4fWp0

loads of others on there u can try.

jude

Re: Nightmares

Postby jude » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi i'm new here but feel I can relate to some extent, I also have vivid dreams usually about my kids getting involved in horrendous accidents, and my god they feel really real down to feeling objects to rain landing on me and smells it all seems so real and when you wake you know its a dream but your finding yourself looking over your shoulder or looking for the start of that dream to reenact in your actual day so you can make some small change to maybe change the result, all of which increases your anxiety,
What I found is its usually triggered by something negative thats happened the previous day or something thats playing on your mind, triggers i find are the most difficult to recognise. have you tried keeping a diary maybe it could help you to identify your triggers.

Return to “Newbies Room”