Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I’m lost.

If you're new and want to say hello...
pixiedust74

I’m lost.

Postby pixiedust74 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:13 pm

I’m very lost right now and I don’t know how to get back.
I recently was discharged from hospital after an overdose. I’m ashamed to say I was a member of a pro choice group that encourages suicide. I stupidly joined when a user on a bipolar page on FB mentioned it and out of curiosity I joined and got sucked in. Luckily my partner found out and so did my CPN. They have been amazing. I’m sad to say though I miss that website. Please someone know some bloody sense into me.

hyster

Re: I’m lost.

Postby hyster » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:06 pm

if u think about it these pro-choice suicide sites / people are oxymoronic.
if there so pro choice then why are they still alive to post messages / encourage people to commit suicide ????
i seen a documentary on it a few years back, most the people on these sites just want to make people commit suicide, even to the point of watching them do it on webcam. i think it said they do it for a sense of power.

a true pro-choice site would not encourage u to do anything other than discuss the pro and conns.

sounds like u have a supportive partner, have u been able to open up to him fully ?? if not then u have nothing to loose by doing so if ur that depressed u try to commit suicide.

pixiedust74

Postby pixiedust74 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:39 pm

Yes, I’ve been very honest with him and he knows how much I suffer with bipolar. I agree with what you said they are so oxymoron :D

samwamm

Postby samwamm » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:44 am

hold on a second.

i too believe that people should have a choice but i think that that kind of thing should be disussed with psychologists and stuff and obviously when that fails and breaks down then it should be considered.

A lot of people think (and i don't just mean about suicide) that if they find groups about stuff online where people do a certain thing that it's more normal in some way and therefore okay. From that they tend to sink further into that culture and essentially anything goes even to the point of going beyond what these groups even consider normal.

The point is you can't take the stuff you find as is. Every interest is different for different people. Don't let a culture or trend mold who you really are. Your decisions should be your own.

Sounds to me like you got some bad advice and that's to be expected. To be honest communitities in general are not the best place to go looking for it. There's a reason why professionals are getting paid to do their job. They have training and a lot of experience. The average joe does not.

That's not to say that suicide is bad in general, just that it's for a specific set of people, and it's easy to misjudge who those people might be. There are way more people who consider it and shouldn't and people who convince themselves they are right than the people who it actually applies to.

Return to “Newbies Room”