Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

NEWBIE - struggling and seeking support

If you're new and want to say hello...
charlottex

NEWBIE - struggling and seeking support

Postby charlottex » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:57 pm

Hi guys,

Im very new to this and don't know what to expect but ill just go with it. Today ive deleted all my social media accounts in an attempt to free myself from the pressure of society. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression and im on medication but last few weeks have been a real struggle and im feeling empty and low.

hyster

Re: NEWBIE - struggling and seeking support

Postby hyster » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:22 pm

its well known problem social media causing mental health problems, all ur friends living perfect and happy lives while urs seems ordinary and mundane.

thing is most of these "perfect lives" are far from it. people ONLY put up the best parts of there lives or make it up to seem cool.

the way i deal with my long term depression is to just accept it and wait for it to get a bit better. i been on anti-depressants for 5 months, they have helped a lot but now my emotions have changed to something i never experienced before. only way i can think of describing it is being drunk for 30 odd years then being sober. its kinda weir bt better than i was before.

something else i tell myself is if things are way bad then the only way is up / better and just wait.

rsxo

Re: NEWBIE - struggling and seeking support

Postby rsxo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:58 pm

Welcome!x
RSxo <3

Return to “Newbies Room”