SANE Support Forum

New here- i feel really low

If you're new and want to say hello...
marjoriewbecker

New here- i feel really low

Postby marjoriewbecker » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:34 am

Hi everyone
hope you are all well :D
so im here as THE MIX pointed me this direction...

i dont know really what to say part from i feel really low at times just sadness. to other
people like family to them im fine. sometimes when im alone ill just cry and i dont even know why?

i am at 2nd year at uni i talk to the people in my group but i wouldn't say their my friends. i feel like i dont fit in. and at home i act im happy but im not. i feel a pressure i have to act a certain way as i dont want to let no one down. i have a low self esteem and feel i am not good enough.
i can go periods without feeling like this but when i do it just hits me and i dont what triggers it. and when i feel low it just stays.
i never been to the doctors about it? do i need to go?

my parents dont know i feel like this

thank you reading
- idream2018 :D

pippop592

Re: New here- i feel really low

Postby pippop592 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi Marjorie. Im new here too. I’m sorry you’re feeling so low. I remember feeling like that at uni too. You don’t have to go to your GP but you could, absolutely. I’ve had good and not so good experiences with GPs but at least they can tell you about options. Sometimes when I’ve felt really lost it’s been helpful just to have someone acknowledge what’s going on and talk about it like it’s a legitimate thing (which it is, of course) and that’s given me a push to make some changes. The uni should also have a counselling service which could help. It’s very hard to carry on when you feel that way. I hope you find a way forward.

rsxo

Re: New here- i feel really low

Postby rsxo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:58 pm

Welcome both!x

Marjorie, I know university can be tough, especially when there's an expectation that it's easy to make friends (and thus why not being able to fit in doesn't feel good). I'd agree, I think you should book an appointment with your local GP to discuss this - they can refer you for professional support. All is not lost, there's help on hand for you. And as you're above 18, you (or your GP) do not need to disclose anything to parents if you don't want tox

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Newbies Room”