Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Do i have psychosis/schizophrenia?

If you're new and want to say hello...
poppy23

Do i have psychosis/schizophrenia?

Postby poppy23 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:34 pm

Hi every one im new here!
Bit of along story, but ill keep it short as pos!
My mum is a paranoid schpizophrenic, which plays a big part in this.
I first suffered mental health problems as a child having ocd, then after the birth of my 1st daughter 2009, i was having intrusive thoughts, suicidal thoughts, aniexty depression, i was hospitalised for 12 weeks in a mum and baby unit, i was put on cipralec 20 mg and quetapine 400mg. (Quetapine was for sleep and intrusive thought)
I.was told and reassured that i had ocd, severve pnd, aniexty and intrusive thoughts, no psychosis, as i always feared due to my mums illness.
Ive gone on to have 2 more children with no pnd, ive been on the same mediaction for 10 years, i still suffered ocd aniexty, down days ect no and again, but generally ive been well.
The dr said its time to reduce my quetapine due to weight again and liver problems, so ive cut down to 375mg a night, at first i noticed dizziness, aniexty, irratbilty, but ive also noticed i find people looking at me? Never really noticed before, almost like a paranoia, then i know my mum used to think, is someone spying her on, so i started to think, is that what i think?
Id be reading a magazine and notice the model looking at me? And it freaks me out!I
I was doing the washing up the other day washing knives carefully and i had a really loud repetitive intrusive thought 'confess tp the murders' it scared me so much, i told my partner and he said maybe i was thinking of the knives and that odd thought popped in? And ill listen to the radio and think my mum used to think she was being sent msgs through the radio, am i thinking that?
Could l have a phycosis or psychotic symptoms from reducing my meds?
Ive reduced to 375mg about 6 weeks ago.
Im always scared of having my mums illness, and the symptoms that go with it.
Can anyone let me know there opinion, please.
I have aniexty and im aware this could be my aniexty playing up.
Thank you to anyone who has read this far. X

ooby

Re: Do i have psychosis/schizophrenia?

Postby ooby » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:18 am

This is an American site,but the questions asked are relevant re psychosis . It can not diagnose you ,but gives an indicator as to whether you should see your GP or a psychiatrist about it.

https://screening.mentalhealthamerica.n ... /psychosis

Return to “Newbies Room”