Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Advice please, content may trigger some people

If you're new and want to say hello...
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 pm

Advice please, content may trigger some people

Postby p14rxy » Thu May 16, 2019 9:11 pm

I need some advice please as I really don't know what else to do. My daughter has had problems since she was very small and we have been convinced for years she is Aspergers, throughout her childhood she was continually being referred to CAMHS, they refused to make any diagnosis, she began suffering with very bad Anxiety when she was around 8 after watching a child die in the hospital bed next to her( she has severe asthma) then when she went to secondary school she was sexually assaulted for over a year which culminated in prosecution to the person involved. She has really suffered for years, she turned 18 just before Xmas so CAMHS referred her to adult services, they refused, then we saw the GP, they referred and again it was refused. We saw a councillor service last week as she scored severe on Anxiety severe on depression and severe on psychological distress in their scoring tests, they referred again and received a letter again today saying she has been refused. She self harms, thinks about suicide has dissociative episodes, she has never left the house alone, is terrified of men, we had to go to the royal Brompton hospital today and she nearly burst in to tears because a man had to take her blood!, She doesn't talk to people she doesn't know, has no friends and is socially isolated i don't know what to do anymore, I am at breaking point, why won t anyone listen?

Posts: 398
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 9:09 pm

Re: Advice please, content may trigger some people

Postby bluebell123 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:12 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am wondering what your gp has said about these repeated refusals to offer help? There is a service called PALS, not sure if they are part of NHS or not, i just googled the local one to me and they seem to deal with complaints about nhs treatment. My elder daughter has aspbergers but was not diagnosed til early 20's at Uni, from what i have read the symptoms are much less in girls and so can go undiagnosed. Maybe the Autistic Society could offer you some help with a possible diagnosis. Ifeel for you as a mother, it is heartbreaking watching your child suffer, Atb Aisling

Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 1:18 am

Re: Advice please, content may trigger some people

Postby dizzy.miss.lizzy » Tue May 21, 2019 2:45 pm


I am wondering if there might be a way for you to get her to The Maudsley/Kings hospital at all?

Their neuropsychological department were brill with my Son we were in same position.

And I got help from their medical social workers too, much better than the social work social workers.

All the best, keep in touch.

Return to “Newbies Room”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests