Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

New here, struggling

If you're new and want to say hello...
elanaw1

New here, struggling

Postby elanaw1 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi everyone I’m new here and it would seem I’ve just had my first manic episode after struggling with depress and anxiety for years. Started on venlafaxine a few weeks ago and it’s triggered some horrible behaviour. I’ve managed to piss off everyone I know with my craziness so now completely on my own. I’ve been promiscuous on several occasions and really couldn’t care less. I’ve been a person I don’t recognise and now I’m coming back down to earth I’m panicking! Got docs on Monday. Hiding in my flat and can’t leave at moment. Needed to write it down. I don’t know what to do

Isap

Re: New here, struggling

Postby Isap » Sun May 12, 2019 7:16 am

Hello

I've started on venlafaxine recently. I think when it starts kicking in, you tend to feel a bit hyper and manic.

Good that you have a docs appointment soon. Write down all your concerns so you don't forget everything.

When you're in a good place you can make up with all your friends again. Meantime, just be patient

Isap xx

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Fri May 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Welcome! :)
RSxo <3

dizzy.miss.lizzy

Postby dizzy.miss.lizzy » Sat May 18, 2019 1:08 am

hi and welcome

you remind me of me when I was young if you don't mind me saying... thrill seeking and not giving a flying fig about it... turned out to be a symptom of my condition, well, who knew?

the meds take time to kick in and do their thing, if they do, might need to go back and ask for review if things don't improve

don't be too hard on yourself but maybe for your self respect and health, think on next time and try not to be so less in check maybe? I wish you good days.

123abc

Postby 123abc » Sun May 19, 2019 11:12 pm

Good luck angel X
Fight for yourself
Take care of yourself

Return to “Newbies Room”