Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Life sucks lol

If you're new and want to say hello...
mcb

Life sucks lol

Postby mcb » Fri May 10, 2019 9:34 am

Hi, I'm new here (obviously considering its the newbies forum).

I've gone through a lot the past 2 years and honestly there has been a few times I have wanted to give up but I haven't, I'm still here fighting my way through life like lot of you I guess.

I have seen doctors on several occasions, they've recommended counselling and tried to put me on meds but I know meds isn't going to help. The counselling waiting list is crazy long and I just feel like I need to speak to people who are likeminded or can help in anyway.

How do I stop how I'm feeling from affecting my whole life because atm I feel like I am in self-destruct with my brain already costing me my relationship and leaving me struggling with university and just general day-to-day life :?

bluebell123

Re: Life sucks lol

Postby bluebell123 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:54 am

How do you know meds won't help? Aisling

mcb

Postby mcb » Mon May 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Meds just mask the problem, they don't solve it. Things have happened that make me feel the way I feel, drugs can't help that

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:34 pm

Can i ask if you have tried meds before, dependant on getting the right one, they can alter your perspective, change how you feel and so you see things differently. If you tried them and they didn't help you can stop them or have a meds review. Aisling

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Fri May 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Welcome :)

I know you don't think that medication will help, but it does! It rebalances and stabilises your neurochemicals, which is important when getting back on track. That's why many people who take medication find it helpful, and why it is part of the solution to poor mental wellbeingx

Much love <3
RSxo <3

mcb

Postby mcb » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Hiya, just a lot of people I know have said that meds make them feel pretty numb and emotionless, I would personally rather feel too much than not at all! I have big emotions, no matter what they are and I already come across as quite cold at times, I couldn't imagine what being cold and emotionless would be like :lol: … I'm not slating people that take them, I just think for me there are better ways than drugs. TBH, I took control of my life after I joined here and have personally found gym, structure and routine to be really effective! Thanks though xx

Return to “Newbies Room”