Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Clueless newbie

If you're new and want to say hello...
gem95

Clueless newbie

Postby gem95 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:02 am

Hey, everyone..
I’m new to this forum stuff and I don’t actually get how it works or if anyone is gonna reply or whether people use this anymore?
I’m a 23 year old girl, I’ve cared for my mum most of my life and she’s at a point now where she’s very poorly and my dad has recently had a mental breakdown over it all... I’ve had anxiety and depression for about 5 years now but recently everything’s got worse. I got fired from my job today because I’ve had time off due to the ongoing home situation.
It’s been a horrible day and I don’t know where to turn right now...
Hope to get some kind of response.
Thanks.

mary96

Re: Clueless newbie

Postby mary96 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:33 am

You have been so strong so far and your mum and dad would be so proud of you, it’s hard because it’s so easy to give up the pain hurts that much but your a fighter you can do this. Your not alone ..... hope you see this xxx

gem95

Postby gem95 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:12 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words xx

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:09 pm

Welcome!x
RSxo <3

benjarvis1981

Postby benjarvis1981 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Hiya

I am a 37yo guy from south yorkshire. New to this as well. My main issues are depression and anxiety. I have no real explanation for my issues which makes it even more frustrating. I came very close to ending my life couple of weeks ago despite having everything to live for. I have a beautiful wife and 2 amazing children plus great family and friends. Despite this I often feel.so alone and isolated. I am currently trying every little thing i can to get out of this black hole i am in. It is just a day by day process and it may take me a while but i am.committed to the long haul. Be good to chat.

Take care and remember you are doing a great job..

Ben

gem95

Postby gem95 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:43 am

You don’t need an explanation, it’s okay to feel the way you feel. Do me a favour and please talk to someone, tell your wife or a doctor or a friend how you feel. There will always be someone to help.. When I have dark thoughts I think of 3 things that make me happy, I think of things that make me feel relaxed or things that I like and concentrate on their details, it soothes my mind and pushes those dark thoughts away. Breathe deeply, in through the nose and out through the mouth and say a little prayer and remember, you’re doing great :)

benjarvis1981

Postby benjarvis1981 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:03 am

Hi gem95

I have told everybody now. It was a secret for years. But when i nearly ended my life i opened up to everybody. Still struggling. Being off work is hard 4 me. But i am getting help. Trying cbt counselling and various self help. Trying to start exercise again as my physical health has gone down hill with the depression. I would love to try meditation and mindfulness but I am struggling to keep my concentration with that. Thank you for your kind words.

Ben

Return to “Newbies Room”