Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hello

If you're new and want to say hello...
mummia20

Hello

Postby mummia20 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:58 am

I am very new to this type of support, and am looking for somewhere to come when it all gets a bit much and I feel I am struggling.
I am 41, married with one 8 yr old child. I work a 30hr/week job and have people I know but not a close circle of friends.
In the past I have had help with anxiety in a group setting, and self esteem via phone consultations. I have been able to learn a lot from these, however at times I struggle to remember to use the skills I acquired. It all gets a bit overwhelming doesn't it, life!
I realise the way forward may be to venture into the online support arena and see what that can do for me.
I would like to manage my low days better and work toward having less of them, and I hope that I can be supporting to those who may benefit from my advice (if that's the done thing). I think it should be a mutually beneficial relationship as I know I am not on my own here.
Look forward to chatting with you.

maisi

Re: Hello

Postby maisi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:16 pm

Hi there,

Great to read your post. Everyone wants to share ideas and conversation, and just be able to say what's on their mind, and your advice would be great- look into some of the topics on mutual support etc, quite a lot of anxiety conversations and a lot else too. Only thing is it is a bit of a small/ slow forum for replies sometimes, but everyone's posts are being read,and almost always responded to.

I'm glad you've found helpful support in the past, and at least you know you can use the techniques again. I've had to work really hard on anxiety in the past year, could cautiously say it's getting easier, but I've said that so many times before, I now say it with a bit of a smile. Huh, self esteem sounds like a complex subject- very personal to the person's life and experience.

melindaj

Re: Hello

Postby melindaj » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:38 pm

Welcome to a very experienced, kind and supportive group.

Self esteem I have found needs regular working on, a therapist made me realise that the most effective thought process when in adversity is : "I will deal with this"

Kind regards M

Return to “Newbies Room”