Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Newbie :)

If you're new and want to say hello...
gemmaholden

Newbie :)

Postby gemmaholden » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi .... new to this, I have struggled with depression for years and have tried medication which has helped but this still hasn’t “cured” me ! Is there even a cure ?!! my family are not helpful and don’t really support me , my partner doesn’t really “get it” but does support me. I went through a break up after 10 years and managed to make a new life for my daughter and myself as well as holding down a new job, I met a new partner quite quickly and am now getting married ! So why don’t I feel happy ?? On the outside people must think why the hell are u not happy ?? I can’t explain it , I have days where I just don’t want to leave the house and group situations and loud places are unbearable, I think and worry about things that “normal” people don’t. Anyway I won’t rattle on too much just looking for someone who relates and can offer any advice

bbecca

Re: Newbie :)

Postby bbecca » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:26 am

I know many people who suffer with depression and whilst I can’t relate to depression myself, I can try and understand from an anxiety point of view.

Firstly, you should be proud of what you have overcome. It proves that you are stronger than you know. Also, just be patient with yourself and don’t feel ashamed or annoyed at how you feel. Depression is something hard to get through and all you can do is get better at handling and understanding it. Be gentle with yourself and let your body and mind work together and don’t try to push yourself to do anything that you’re not ready for.

If you need to take days off where you don’t do anything or go anywhere then do that. Give yourself a break and some time to breathe. Also, there’s no such thing as ‘normal’. I believe that everyone has something going on in their lives, but it’s how we cope with it and the attitude that we maintain that shapes who we are as people.

I hope you go on to have an amazing life, because you deserve it.

Return to “Newbies Room”