Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

new

If you're new and want to say hello...
poppy413

new

Postby poppy413 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:34 am

Hi I'm new here, but I'm not new to depression.
I'm taking mirtazapine just now since middle of Oct but I hate it, its reduced my sadness but changed all of my feeling and I feel angry a lot.
I'm supposedly under the Complex Needs Team but I haven't heard from them since July about when my next group will start. Its the psychiatrist there who prescribed the mirtazapine and I can't get to him to tell him about the effect of it because my duty of care is still with my GP who says she doesn't know enough about antidepressants to help me.
I feel as if I've fallen through the net of the NHS.
I have had lots of private psychotherapy but I'm still depressed after maybe 17 years of therapy. I had to stop my most recent therapeutic relationship because we just couldn't afford £60 per hour any more. I'm very isolated and likely to loose my family because I'm so angry at home, husband threatening to leave me (daughter 14).
Sad, broken, hopeless, don't know where to go for help. Home is where the hurt is.

upwards-is-the-aim

Re: new

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:51 am

Welcome ot the forum and sorry to hear about your position

I am on the same drug but have no adverse affects

If you have been having therapy - there is a lot out there and of varying quality

Try listening to a podcast called Feeling Good and start with #99
That one is not so much about the therapy but the history behind the guy and the version of CBT he has developed

You can then listen to more or try and find a TEAM CBT therapist - it is on my do list but not got there yet - so if you do find one let me know

That podcast is well worth a listen
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

poppy413

Postby poppy413 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:47 pm

thank you for your reply. How do you listen to a podcast? I have a laptop will that be enough?

melindaj

Postby melindaj » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:05 pm

Dear Poppy,
Yes just search on Laptop for Podcast Feeling Good , David Burns is great and has been around long time.

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Or a podcast app on your tablet or phone
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

Return to “Newbies Room”