SANE Support Forum

New here- i feel really low

If you're new and want to say hello...
idream2018

New here- i feel really low

Postby idream2018 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi everyone
hope you are all well :D
so im here as THE MIX pointed me this direction...

i dont know really what to say part from i feel really low at times just sadness. to other
people like family to them im fine. sometimes when im alone ill just cry and i dont even know why?

i am at 2nd year at uni i talk to the people in my group but i wouldn't say their my friends. i feel like i dont fit in. and at home i act im happy but im not. i feel a pressure i have to act a certain way as i dont want to let no one down. i have a low self esteem and feel i am not good enough.
i can go periods without feeling like this but when i do it just hits me and i dont what triggers it. and when i feel low it just stays.
i never been to the doctors about it? do i need to go?

my parents dont know i feel like this

thank you reading
- idream2018 :D
Last edited by idream2018 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

upwards-is-the-aim

Re: New here- i feel really low

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Welcome

You can learn a lot from reading others posts

And also feel free to say anything or to ask anything
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

idream2018

Postby idream2018 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:12 am

Thank you for your advice . I have read a few posts here . It's just gonna take me time to get used to things on here. I'm planning to write a blog post to let try explain things about how I feel ect...maybe try and see why I feel like this x

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:30 pm

The actual blog section does not get read much

So if you want to also get peoples input and for it to be seen

Just start one here with a good title - such as ABC Own Blog Here So Can Be Shared With Others

You might just need a bit of mind resetting - and this is something you can try on your own

My recommendation is listen to the Feeling Good Podcast #99 - which gives a general overview on the guy and his CBT methods
If you find that interesting listen to some more that sound appealing and buy his bok and work through it slowly

Good luck
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

evangeline

Postby evangeline » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi
So sorry to hear your story. I have been on medication in the past but none for over a decade now. I found ways to manage but it was a long slow road. I prefer no meds but they are useful if the situation gets desperate. But everybody's different. I can't hurt to seek help from as many places as possible and find what suits you best. The main things is to keep trying. Even when really low try to remember you have loved ones and will probably acquire lots more throughout your life.

I wish you well.

oliver

Postby oliver » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:21 pm

So sorry to read your message. It is very sad you don't feel able to talk to your parents about this. My son suffered similarly and talking about it definitely helped.
Remember you are not going mad, you can get better, this will not last forever and millions of people have and are going through what you are.
My psychiatrist friend and I have created a podcast which explains (with some joking around) how depression and anxiety can grab you. It is called "Why The Long Face", if you are interested.
Keep well,
Oliver

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:47 pm

Hi idream2018,

Welcome!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

idream2018

Postby idream2018 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:27 pm

wow thank you everyone for your kind messages. it means a lot. the podcasts seem interesting x

Return to “Newbies Room”