Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Numb

If you're new and want to say hello...
sapphire

Numb

Postby sapphire » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:36 pm

Hello everyone.

I started having health problems at the age of 8. Doctors assumed I just didn’t want to go to school and were no help at all. By 11, I was unable to function properly. I rarely went to school and became increasingly isolated. My family are very insensitive and uncaring.

Some 20 years later, I was disagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, although I have other unexplained symptoms too that are still being assessed.

I have no interests, passions, hobbies or likes, nor do I have anything I dislike or hate. I have tried many activities (and stuck with them in the hope I’d get into them after a while) but they evoke nothing in me.

I have no friends because people expect me to be like them, but my unusual life to date has left me with a very different perspective, and made me more spiritually inclined.. People have told me I’m odd. I have tried altering the way I interact with others but to no avail.

I can’t get a job because I didn’t finish school and my health was so bad. I can’t afford to study because the government think I’m too old, and I can’t pay for it myself because I can’t get a job. So I have no career or financial prospects.

In short, I feel completely numb and disconnected from everything and everyone. Sometimes I feel like I’ve been in a coma for two decades because the world is very different now. Other times, I feel like I went to bed 8 and woke up 28.

Thanks to anyone that may actually read this. I just wanted to vent really.
Sapphire x

sammy

Re: Numb

Postby sammy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi Sapphire,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I don't have much to offer in terms of advice but some support as I feel the same way a lot of the time, I don't think so much that I have a personality I just exist. But at the same time we are on here venting so we're moving forward!

Best wishes x

cookiemonster

Postby cookiemonster » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:38 pm

Have you been assessed or had mental health reviewed recently?

pauley

Postby pauley » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi and welcome,
We all experience our difficulties in many different ways, but this board really helps, even if it is just to offload! People are always here to listen, many of us have slightly different perspectives on life, emotions and feelings, it can help to share.
Pauley

sapphire

Postby sapphire » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:14 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

I had my mental health checked about a year ago (when I was a lot worse) but was told by my GP that he didn’t think I was “troubled enough for treatment” and that I’d feel better if I were to “eat less and exercise more” (I’m not even overweight) I saw a different GP more recently and was told that exercise can release certain chemicals in the brain. No mention of anything else, even when I asked.

Sapphire

Return to “Newbies Room”