Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Depression

If you're new and want to say hello...
bk

Depression

Postby bk » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:01 am

Hi, I am very unwell with severe depression. I have been like this for 7 weeks and cannot function at all. My life is a misery. I gave up a perfectly good job because I thought I hated it but now I realise it wasn't that and now I'm in a insecure job. I see no light at the end of the tunnel. I don't get out of bed most days, eat or sleep. People keep telling me to help myself but I can't. Any tips please. I have just had my anti depressants up to 3 tablets a day.

tofler

Re: Depression

Postby tofler » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:08 am

Hi bk, welcome to the forum! Is this the first time you've had depression? Which anti-depressants are you taking and how long have you been on it for? If you tell us a little bit more we can try to offer you some help and support. Have you got any support around you from family or friends? It takes a while to get replies on here sometimes as it's a fairly quiet forum.

teamn

Postby teamn » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:16 am

Welcome, please continue to share and have a look at the post that says metal health toolkit, it’s got some great tips

cookiemonster

Postby cookiemonster » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:29 pm

Welcome I’m glad you have joined us. Antidepressants can take a while to take effect and if you have had a change it might not have fully started working yet. Maybe think about some sort of therapy if you haven’t started seeing anyone. Trying to get to route of the cause of the depression is key. I find exercise can help lift the mood especially a group class where you meet people.

Return to “Newbies Room”