Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Back again!

If you're new and want to say hello...
tofler

Back again!

Postby tofler » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:37 am

Hi, I haven't been on here since 2016 (I think!). This forum was very, very quiet back then and plagued by spam that was very slow to be removed, so I've popped back to see if things have improved. I really hope it has! My depression didn't go away (unfortunately!) and I've been struggling with this latest episode for over 4 years now. I'm still determined to get better though, or to at least improve my quality of life whilst living with depression.

I live a very lonely life so please feel free to get in touch if you'd like to chat.

cookiemonster

Re: Back again!

Postby cookiemonster » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Glad you have come back. Are you receiving any treatment? Meds or therapy?

tofler

Postby tofler » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Hi, I came off my medication approx Easter 2017 after 3 years of taking it. I've had counselling in the past and recently referred myself again for talking therapy. I was offered some telephone appointments which didn't help, in fact they made things worse for me so I put a stop to those. I've recently started going to a local peer support group which I heard about after lots of searching for one. Also concentrating on self help books, trying to take better care of myself and thinking about how I can make some changes to my life.

maisi

Postby maisi » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:54 am

Hey tofler I was wondering where you posted this- I remembered reading it but wasn't sure where. Has it been any good to come back to the forum so far? You've sent so many supportive messages to others, including me, and I'm wondering what would be helpful for you? Are you glad it's the end of the week or is the weekend challenging also? For me what day of the week it is makes no difference, but I know Friday's are v different if you're working.

tofler

Postby tofler » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:15 am

Hi maisi, yes it has been ok being back on the forum so far. There seems to be a few more people around now than there was a couple of years ago, although some days are still very quiet on here. Weekends are a mixed bag for me. On the one hand I'm relieved to be away from work but sometimes I'm so tired from having been at work all week that I feel really unwell and drained. Weekends can also be very lonely times for me sometimes and I don't always cope with that very well. Thanks for asking though. I really appreciate it! I hope that things are going ok for you and also for your daughter?

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi tofler,

Welcome back!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

tofler

Postby tofler » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:24 pm

Thank you rsxo, that's very much appreciated!

maisi

Postby maisi » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:51 pm

How have you been tofler?

tofler

Postby tofler » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:22 pm

Not too bad at the moment maisi, thanks for asking. I've spent quite a bit of time with my daughter this weekend and that usually helps. Tomorrow I'll have to try and do something productive with my time as I'm on my own all day, so that can be a trigger for me. How are you doing at the moment?

teamn

Postby teamn » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi tofler

4 years dealing with the depression is a long time, and yiurvstill herevand standing and reach8jg out and offering marvellous support to others, that’s amazing, yiunhave somectrue inner strength that the depression has not been able to crush, remember that when it gets tough.

I think with therapy or groups it’s twofold in terms of effectiveness.
1) you have to fully engage and open up and put in the wrk after.
2) the therapy or groups have to be compatible with You.

I know these were what made it different for me in my last period of help, and having psychiatrists/counsellors that were compatible with me and not patronising was major step forward.

Hope you find some effective support in this phase, we’ll done for not giving up on yourself. How you feeling today so far.

Return to “Newbies Room”