Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Feels like I'm moving in the right direction.

If you're new and want to say hello...
c-lo

Feels like I'm moving in the right direction.

Postby c-lo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:12 pm

I finally made an appointment with my doctors surgery this morning, could not see my doctor and had to wait around a while, but I had nowhere else to be. Got to explain my situation and how I felt to a professional, who was very sympathetic and helpful. They gave me details of how to self-refer to the local healthcare trust and access talking therapies (which I understand could take a while to put in place). They also started me on an anti-depressant, as part of a multi-faceted approach to treat my depression. It was explained this would take a while to take effect and to find an appropriate dosage. But, after years of struggling on my own, by finally asking for help, I feel I have started taking steps to move forwards in my life again. C

rsxo

Re: Feels like I'm moving in the right direction.

Postby rsxo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi c-lo,

That's wonderful news - well done on having the courage to make a change in your life! The road ahead is a bumpy one, but it's the road to recovery. Keep up the good work :)

Much love <3
RSxo <3

c-lo

Re: Feels like I'm moving in the right direction.

Postby c-lo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:43 am

Thank you for your kind words. I know it's early days, but after feeling stuck for so long, it feels nice to be optimistic about the future.

Return to “Newbies Room”