Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Trapped

If you're new and want to say hello...
scotty94

Trapped

Postby scotty94 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:39 am

I dont know what to do anymore.
You are supposed to feel safe and comfortable in your home aren't you?
I feel nothing of the sort. I cant concentrate on anything, I cant sit still. I feel like crying all the time... but when my parents took me away last weekend (a country cabin) I felt so relaxed, so much so I didnt want to come back.
I feel all alone. I want to reach out for comfort from family and friends but dont them to see me like this and I dont want to bring them down either.
It feels like my life is over before its begun. :'(

PureFrustr8d

Re: Trapped

Postby PureFrustr8d » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Hey Scotty,

I'm pleased to read you've been away and enjoyed yourself and felt able to relax.

There is something very liberating about being in nature.

Do you think your environment is a reflection of your feelings i.e. back home you feel closed in, restricted, not as free?

Talk to someone, feeling as you are can't be easy and those who care about you can maybe give you the comfort you seek. I think they'd rather be there for you than have you protect their feeling and struggle alone.

Take care,
Peace

scotty94

Postby scotty94 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Hey Peace,

Nature has been built into me. My parent always took me and my siblings away around the country when we were younger. I like traveling... seeing different things. I was a BIG nerd at school.
Recently we dont that as much as we have all grown up... and its a shame because thats the only time we were really all together.

I find talking really hard to do... my parents came in earlier and asked what was wrong... instead of me telling i said 'Its in the book'. I have just started writing my my symptoms and feelings down (although they dont know about the feelings side as that is written in a Japanese style on writing from the back to the front). I prefer to write things down than actually talk.

Scott

christabel

Postby christabel » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi scotty

Would it help you to bring a bit of nature to where you live. ie indoor/outdoor plants. I know I don't know your circumstances but having an interest in nature is always a good thing.

Just a little suggestion. Hope you feel stronger soon.
Take care. Chris

scotty94

Postby scotty94 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:25 pm

Hey Chris,

We are about to start redecorating my bedroom and I'm gonna make it more natural.
Hopefully its gonna help.
I'm not gonna grow anything tho... i'm not good at growing stuff.

Scott

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:57 pm

I've just replied to your first post. Please read it. It's important for I'm replying to these posts in relation to all I said there.

scotty94 wrote:Nature has been built into me. My parent always took me and my siblings away around the country when we were younger. I like traveling... seeing different things. I was a BIG nerd at school.

That's me too! Still love nature. I wither without it. It inspires me. Can't do without wild things around me - although my cats are hardly wild cats! These feelings are common traits of HFA - especially among females - but not entirely, e.g. Chris Packham. I was a nature nerd by age four, and now I'm well-known for being a multi-faceted nerd!

Recently we dont that as much as we have all grown up... and its a shame because thats the only time we were really all together

I understand this completely. I really miss my childhood with my family.

I find talking really hard to do... my parents came in earlier and asked what was wrong... instead of me telling i said 'Its in the book'. I have just started writing my my symptoms and feelings down (although they dont know about the feelings side as that is written in a Japanese style on writing from the back to the front). I prefer to write things down than actually talk.

All so very typically autistic - and for very good reasons. Even the Japanese thing. I've known loads of young aspies into Japanese - so many that I see it as a trait in itself.

I understand why you feel the way you do. The adult world is scary and confusing for people like us. Believe me, your life isn't over at all. You've got everything to live for. You have talents that you can develop and use. People need to encourage our talents and understand our difficulties. Those who don't aren't worth knowing or worrying about.

Return to “Newbies Room”