Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Looking for help

If you're new and want to say hello...
blue1959

Looking for help

Postby blue1959 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:13 am

Hi, I am new here. If I tried to write down how and why I am feeling so low then I could be here all day. Basically my self confidence and self esteem have been eroded over the years and now I feel lower than a snakes belly. I feel nobody loves or cares for me anymore and it hurts like hell. I am very shy when it comes to talking,even my counselling sessions are short due to shyness,how can I open up to how I feel. Married,58 yrs old and worthless .

Isap

Re: Looking for help

Postby Isap » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:40 am

Hi there

Sorry to hear of your situation. Many of us can relate to you completely.

Obviously you are not worthless but this horrid illness tells us all sorts of things with no basis in truth.

Feel free to tell us more when you feel up to it
This forumr can be quiet but the quality of the members is top rate. We all care and are totally non judgmental so you came to the right place.

Isap xx

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:53 pm

yeah i there with you. ive got to the point where i dont want to talk to people anymore because i feel it to be an empty and pointless experience

i honestly think when your in this situation the best people to talk to are the people who understand and relate to your problems.

feel free to vent how you feel here. it has certainly helped me

breatheinandout

Postby breatheinandout » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi blue1959, welcome to the forum. You are not alone in feeling lost and worthless. Brilliant that you have been to counselling though - shows that you want to see a way through it. It seems to help to write things down. It sounds like you have been through a lot so do come back and share more when you can.
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

jillian

Postby jillian » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:25 pm

Hello Blue,

As Biao said, it helps to write things down, so if you can continue to write on this thread as you feel able to, people will be able to respond with their thoughts.

In some ways, I wish I did not find it so easy to write things down, as this causes me to be very verbous (spelling)? and tends to put people off. ;)

Sending you safe hugs. Jillian.

blue1959

Postby blue1959 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Thanks for your replies, it’s nice to know someone wants to listen. Some suggest writing things down, well here goes :cry:
I am a naturally shy person ,always have been so I find it hard to interact. I work 12 hour shifts where I am on my own and do nothing, and I mean nothing !!!! You can imagine the topic of conversation when I get home , it’s the same when I go out with my family and friends, I just have nothing to say and I end up being pushed away, I try to explain to my family how I feel but I might as well talk to the wall.
All my life I have been the same,so is it any wonder people leave me, my mother left when I was 17, and everyone I get close to seems to walk away. I know my wife is fed up with me and I wouldn’t blame her if she walked, she has 5 children from previous marriage, she is very extrovert and can talk to anyone. If she does walk I will lose everything, we have six granddaughters who I adore but she could just pull the rug from under my feet and then I would be left with nothing. My nerves are in bits and I just want it all to go away and for us to be happy, but how can it be when I am so Down.
Thanks for listening

amaya

Postby amaya » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Welcome :)

I think you need to go to your GP and ask for some advice. All of the symptoms you are describing could be something as simple as depression, but because you have struggled to some measure in relationships your whole life, there could also be an underlying condition, maybe caused by some difficulties in childhood if you situation was not as stable as would be ideal. I would ask a GP's opinion as to what kind of support you need to find the answers to these things.

It also sounds like you have spent a lot of your life, and also now in an invalidating environment. And what I mean by that is that the real you, how you are feeling, is not really heard or recognised by the people around you. And that is a mix of how they are and how you are and that is not really a criticism of anything, just what I understood from reading your post. I think it is great that you have come on here to talk to us about things. Here you can say whatever you want about yourself and no one will judge you. But with some therapy maybe that is something you can also work on in your life.. maybe you are just a shy person with some depression and with a little extra help you will be more at ease with all aspects of your life. Or maybe there are some things under the surface that need to be worked through (everyone has that a little I suppose).

Those are my thoughts. If they don't help ignore them. But welcome :)

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi blue1959,

Sorry to hear how you feel. Have you seen a GP about this?x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

jillian

Postby jillian » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Hey Blue... hope this throws a little bit of a lifeline.. or just maybe a little bit of a smile your way... I keep reptiles, and I'm very careful about checking my snakes bellies... they have to be cared for too...

Go ahead and talk to your GP... maybe get a little of those magic pills that all of us may need from time to time to help you out... just be sure to aks him what the effects will be first, so they don't take you by surprise!!

Sending loving, safe, gentle hugs your way..... J :mrgreen:

Cyprus

Postby Cyprus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:25 am

Hi blue
I have found this is the place that I can truly open up and where people really understand
Cyprus

Return to “Newbies Room”