Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Elefriends

If you're new and want to say hello...
holly11

Elefriends

Postby holly11 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi, I got kicked off elefriends and just came across this site. Feeling really low and anxious, I keep posting stuff on my Instagram which I know I shouldn't be doing. I know I need to go see the g.p but I can't do that either, feeling really useless and trapped

uglyinthemorning

Re: Elefriends

Postby uglyinthemorning » Mon May 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi Holly! I hope you're doing okay. I'm not familiar with elefriends, but given it's a site like this it seems a bit harsh to kick someone off! You don't have to say what you've done or posting by the way. And as pants as the step always is, do go the GP as soon as you can, I made the mistake of stall tactics and delays myself. I hope you feel a bit more welcome on here. :)

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue May 16, 2017 2:07 am

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30751&hilit=Elefriends+safe+place+my+arse#p268206

This forum contains at least three Elefriends refugees with bad things to say about that site. Reading this may make you feel better. Nobody here will care why you got kicked off. Just be aware this is a very quiet forum with only a handful of regulars

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue May 16, 2017 3:40 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31368

Heres another one.

I joinD elefriends ages ok, if I remember rightly, I only got one reply to my only post introducing myself

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Tue May 16, 2017 5:35 pm

holly11 wrote:Hi, I got kicked off elefriends and just came across this site. Feeling really low and anxious, I keep posting stuff on my Instagram which I know I shouldn't be doing. I know I need to go see the g.p but I can't do that either, feeling really useless and trapped

Hi Holly,

As far as I know, you aren't the first to have problems with Elefriends.

Why can't you go to the GP for help - what's stopping you from grabbing the helping hand that's right in front of you?

Much love <3
RSxo <3

r.g.loom

Postby r.g.loom » Wed May 17, 2017 6:56 am

Hello holly ...lol not at you but at the herd... It's for teens I swear. Here's the thing this sites way better...lots of love Ruby Gloom

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed May 17, 2017 10:17 am

Elefriends safe place my ass!

That thread is a classic.

I've never heard of people getting booted off other mental health forums. I bet I couldn't even if I tried, cranky people should be expected and tolerated.

This forum is different in that there are no moderators, not a one.

Isap

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat May 20, 2017 3:50 am

And so I rejoined Elefriends to see what all the fuss is about.

Navigating the forum should be straight4ward but it isn't. There are some odd features and I still can't work out how to post a comment.

Its the weirdest MH forum I've ever come across and choosing Facebook as a model puts it firmly in the 18 - 30s age group. That's OK but there's a difference between someone suffering for 3 months as opposed to 30 years or more.

The live feed encourages people to wallow in self pity which is a bad thing. If you want a chat in the middle of the night there is always someone around but I know if I replied I'd probably get relegated to the role of sympathetic listener.

Strangest of all is how people post real pictures of themselves like a dating app and I bet a bit of that goes on.

Like other forums, if you just join and post a lot, you get taken down by older members who think you're out of order

To get on well there you need to adopt a softly softly approach but you shouldn't have to do that. At least here you can post as much as you want and nobody cares.

Elefriends is probably good for actually meeting up with people in the real world.

I don't intend to spend much time on Elefriends, its not my cup of tea.

Isap

Return to “Newbies Room”