Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I'm new on here and wanted to say hi

If you're new and want to say hello...
canary7

I'm new on here and wanted to say hi

Postby canary7 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi I am new on here and really looking for a bit of support. I have severe depression and anxiety at present which has come back after several years and is stopping me living any kind of life. Does anyone else have bad thoughts and such awful panic. Just want some happiness back. Thank you for reading everyone. From a lonely, worried lady.

count-brakula

Re: I'm new on here and wanted to say hi

Postby count-brakula » Tue May 02, 2017 12:48 am

Hi canary,
Welcome to the forum :)

I think most of us here can relate to what you're going through right now. I know from my own experiences in the depths of depression, I've become quite adept at convincing myself that I'll never be happy again. I also forget that the depression comes and goes in waves and will eventually ease off again. I just wish I was able to see that at the time, because I'm sure it would make weathering the down patches earlier.

Anyway, I hope things start easing up for you soon,
Take care,

Mike.

canary7

Postby canary7 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:13 am

Thank you so much Mike for your reply. It's hard to see a way forward again into happiness but yes I guess I know from past experiences that it does get better. Tend to forget that when in the depths of despair. Thank you for the encouragement and the reminder. X

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Tue May 02, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi canary,

Welcome to SANE! If you're looking for support, you've come to the right place :)

By letting depression and anxiety rule your life, you concede power to them. Take that power back, by rising above it. I'd advise contacting a counsellor - they are some of the most wonderful people when in need!

Much love,

RSxo
RSxo <3

littleem

Postby littleem » Thu May 04, 2017 2:46 pm

Hey Canary,

Hello and welcome!
You are definitely not alone in this struggle. I - amongst many others - know how you feel and are with you in this daily fight. I'm sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. Keep reaching out and hold onto the fact that things have been much better before because it means they WILL get better again!

Perhaps you can access the same help and support you had previously which enabled you to beat depression before or you can adopt the same helpful coping strategies that have worked for you previously? You can do this!

Thinking of you and take care,

Em x

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Thu May 04, 2017 4:40 pm

canary7 wrote:Hi I am new on here and really looking for a bit of support. I have severe depression and anxiety at present which has come back after several years and is stopping me living any kind of life. Does anyone else have bad thoughts and such awful panic. Just want some happiness back. Thank you for reading everyone. From a lonely, worried lady.

Welcome canary!

My advice about overcoming depression is not to let it rule your life. You are so much more than just a patient suffering from depression, so don't let it take over your thoughts, emotions and actions. You are the only one who can shape your future, so use the power you have over your future to change it for the better! :)

Much love <3

RSxo
RSxo <3

canary7

Postby canary7 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:57 am

Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. I am pleased to report that each day my depression has lifted just a little and my thoughts have become much more positive. I am on citalopram and the benefits of this to me have been tremendous. To everyone who worries about medication I would say please give them a try as they can definitely help for a short time. Lots of love to everyone who is struggling with this horrible illness. I have been very fortunate to have found a lovely psychotherapist who is seeing me once a week. Onwards and upwards and love to everyone on this site xxx

littleem

Postby littleem » Sat May 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Hey canary,

Great news here! Good to hear that you're doing well.
I'm so pleased to hear the medication is helping you and that you're seeing a lovely psychotherapist.
Keep staying positive and be strong. You got this! :)

Keep going onwards and upwards.

Lots of love,

Em xxx

Return to “Newbies Room”