Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
squirrelf

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby squirrelf » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:06 am

Hello Shanlon,

I think its understandable and normal that you are still affected by your mum dying in 2016. Can you say what you are feeling anxious about?

When my mum died in 2010 i couldn't grieve for her or when my dad died in 2012. I had switched off prior to both deaths as I was having to deal with another situation that I really needed to be as strong as I could be about. Though it didn't feel right that I couldn't even cry for them but I guess it was my way of coping and people have different ways of doing it.

Best wishes

tinkerbell1

Postby tinkerbell1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi I'm a new on here so I'd like to say I hope you are all doing well today.
Here is some background on me.

I'm 55 female married with 4 step children only one living at home and my husband is currently overseas working, thank god one of us is!!!

I have suffered from depression since my late teens but its always been manageable, but those of us of a certain age know life throws curve balls at you and the older you get the more major they can be.

I'd like to say that its all in my head which to be fair I think it is to a degree, I say that because I'm disappointed in what I have not been able to do so far in my life.

My last full time job ended 15 months ago, I found the job stressful because of my line manager, I started working at the company 3 months after I lost my Dad who I adored and had a close relationship with. Shortly after the loss of my dad a friend said to me every time I see you you're on edge, running around chasing your tail.
The job got worst my manager moaned at everything I was doing and not doing we had meeting after meeting it got to the stage that I would avoid his phone calls and team meetings. We had meeting with HR where I accused him of being a bully and HR said nothing.

I visited my doctor who said yes your depression has escalated and now you have anxiety and she signed me off work first for one month then another. While I was signed off I got a new job with a local council which was a really good job but !! once they found out that I had a total of 3 months off work they withdrew their offer and I was left leaving a crap job without having another.

Here is where I am at I have god knows how many interviews but no offers I have worked as a temp for 1 month back in November and 2 weeks ago started at a college however on Friday last week the lady I was working for wanted a CHAT which to be honest was petty and bearing in mind I was a temp very unnecessary so my point is that although I have known this for a while now
I AM SCARED TO GO BACK TO WORK, the thought of any more interviews make me very anxious and the thought of being in an environment where people who don't know you can make you feel like you don't measure up makes me very anxious.

I have not claimed any benefits and was wondering if I might be able to claim PIP my sister kees telling me to but I don't know much about benefits.

Please if anybody has experienced this kind of anxiety and has any ideas of what and hw I can help myself I'm open to your kind advise.

Today has been a good day after having no hot water or heating for 7 days finally I have had a hot shower and I'm lovely and clean ;)
Last edited by tinkerbell1 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rin

Postby rin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:33 pm

@squirrelf
I've though about it, but I've just started my 3rd year and I feel like if I just keep going, it's only a year. And besides, its the only thing getting me out of the house, I haven't really got any friends that will hang out with me outside of uni (all my old school friends have jobs now and refused to see me cause they need to sleep, uni friends, not even sure I can call them friends tbh...)

jasminek

Postby jasminek » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:27 am

Hi this is my first post. I am 25 going through my second episode of depression/anxiety. The first time I didn't tell anyone about it until I had gotten the help I needed, now it's happening again I feel like history is repeating itself but I'm struggling to ask for help.

I haven't been to work properly for a year now, I feel like I don't have the will power or confidence to do anything which I didn't feel the first time.

Actually I signed up to this forum to put off going to see a psychologist.

lou040901

Postby lou040901 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:36 am

Hi... My names Lou. I suffer with depression and have for eight years,without getting any professional help, but I am now. People think it's sad how a 15 year old girl wants to commit suicide. I hate myself and I have had a pretty fucked up school life. I have gotten bullied five times, twice which my parents don't know about. At first people don't believe me when I say I have depression because I act like I'm fine and if anyone asks I always say "yeah I'm fine, just tired." Then when they get to know me they regret thinking my depression and my suicidal thoughts are an over exaggeration. Anyway so yeah that's me. Bye

len4ik

Postby len4ik » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:12 pm

solost wrote:I'm 32 and feel so alone I am thinking its time to end everything

Hi, I'm 32 too and feel the same. What is happening, perhaps we could chat? I am a female.

survivormum

Postby survivormum » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:35 am

Hello!
I am a mum of 2, I love the great outdoors, gardening, hillwalking, animals, seaside, camping. All things art and crafty, and I run a mum's support group with a focus on mental health. Ironically, I struggle hugely myself, having had lifelong anxiety and depression as a result of an abusive childhood (both parents and an older man as well) and several abusive adult relationships. I also have complex PTSD. I've recently disclosed my historic grooming to the police so am in the weird limbo that that creates (waiting on SARC referral) and my psychologist is off work on long term sick leave so I feel rather stranded at the moment. Having some very dark days; but I've promised myself to do at least 5 mins mindfulness meditation and have a stretch every day, to take my supplements and go out for a walk - it's my self care prescription! I'm on Day 2 so far and it's going well. Well, I feel a little better than Monday, anyway.

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi there SMum

Unfortunately you have posted on an old thread that others may tend to ignore.

You deserve to be noticed so I suggest you copy and paste on a new thread in Newbies section.

This forum is very quiet buy you should get 2 or 3 replies from sympathetic readers

Isap x

littleharri

Postby littleharri » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:54 am

hi

just found this today while looking for a help group as I'm really struggling at the moment and want to find other people that understand how I'm feeling as i beginning to feel alone. Ive been fine for the past few weeks but hit a rock bottom situation last night.

I have been diagnosed with depression sitting on the fine line of bi polar only just found this out.

On meds but still frustrated at my ups and downs. Im sat in my office at work wondering what this is all about.

just need talk someone \

peter007

Postby peter007 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:54 am

HI,
I'm Peter Albert and I'm a newbie too.
I like to play the guitar and I'm still learning to play it, one day I would be an expert guitarist.

Return to “Newbies Room”