Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
pok

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby pok » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:20 pm

Hi All,

I'm a 28 year old from the UK, who has been diagnosed with both Major Depressive Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder. It's something I still struggle with quite badly, though it's nice to have found somewhere I can discuss and hopefully help other people going through similar things.

In my spare time, I like playing video games, listening to and making music, I love all kinds of music. If you ever need some new music to listen to, or a song for a certain mood, I'm your guy! Though I wouldn't subject you to listening to my music unless you asked.

Not sure how active I'll be on here, but if you have any questions or want to talk, just ping me a message

georgegibson

Postby georgegibson » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:59 am

Hi, I'm George
Grew up in Hessen, Laubach, Germany. In March 2017 i joined the military and started my Army Nurse Corps career or ANC as a clinical assistant nurse position, at the Büchel Air Base in Büchel, Germany.
But now i joined a health care center in Laubach as a principal nurse.
Regards - GG

gloriafl

Postby gloriafl » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:17 pm

Hello everyone in these difficult times. I have been living alone for 3 years. I used to live with my mother, but she died( Now I am very lonely.

kimmi69

Postby kimmi69 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:55 am

Ok, been waiting a while to get enough courage to come on here. So here I am! I live in the United States. Seem's pretty cool to meet and talk to other's from around the world. Enough of my story for now. But I will share more when I become more comfortable. I'm looking forward to making friends! :D

lunapotter

Postby lunapotter » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:39 pm

Hi, I'm new on here.

I have been diagnosed with depression. I feel so alone and lost. All I do is dry and sleep. My boyfriend broke up with me cause I don't have friends, and didn't talk enough when I was at his house, and cause I have mental health problems. I have supported him through his depression then he just dumps me. I am completely heart broken. And people have said "just get over it". Which is not helpful at all, then people say to make friends like in normal circumstances I find that difficult, never mind when I'm struggling with depression. Or they say go do something fun. Yeah cause that's what I want right now, never mind not feeling happy. I feel so let down by people that should help.

itcan

Postby itcan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi all,
I’m new and my name is Hannah.

I’ve struggled a lot with mental illness, even to this day. I was bullied through school which made things difficult and that led me to a path of having a bad relationship with food. One thing led to another and I found myself on antidepressants.

Antidepressants did help but made me feel like an empty vessel that carried no emotions. Has anybody else who is or was on antidepressants feel the same way?

I decided to take a step to get off them. I began experimenting with exercise and I can honestly say it has changed my life in such a positive way. I was able to come off of the antidepressants and use exercise as a coping mechanism. Taking this love further, I decided to study to become a certified personal trainer.

I am still very anxious but glad to have become a pt and honestly I can’t see my life without exercise now. It’s my main coping mechanism. It’s so interesting to see how different coping strategies effect the mind and body. Each have their own.

What are the strategies you use to cope?

jac7

Postby jac7 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:04 am

Hi
I have suffered with anxiety and depression for years. I have panic attacks and difficulty going out.
I worry about everything. I have health anxiety too.
I am at an all time low and have nobody to talk to. My husband just doesn't get it and says I have nothing to be depressed about so I have given up trying to talk to him about it now.
I feel very alone and scared.
I can't/won't take anti depressants as my past experiences of them are bad. Too many side effects, so not for me.
Thank you for reading this

overthinker

Postby overthinker » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:36 pm

Hi
I’m new to the forum. Was heartwarming reading your stories about your struggles with mental health. I have joined because I’m 27 now and suffered with My mental health throughout my life, starting age 15. I’m one of 4 children and my mum and dad are still together although we had a very turbulent upbringing because my mum and dad were always fighting. Most arguments resulted in assault of either my mum or one of my siblings. This has caused all sorts of animosity growing up, my mums always stood by my dads side despite the abuse. Fast forward to now, aside of my family problems I’m Struggling coming to terms with a recent break up, someone I’d been with since age 18 - 26. I keep thinking life isn’t worth living if I don’t have them. I think a recent discovery of a new girlfriend he now has has sent my head to dark places and have no energy or have much enjoyment in anything I do. On the surface I’m quite together but there are times I just want to disappear and enjoy life again. I have no job due to covid so I’m very idle and know this is why my mind floats away. I don’t have loads of friends and social media just perpetuates the feeling of being hopeless. I love to be creative, I love make up, I would say I am neither a girly girl or a tomboy. I’m kind of in between, love fashion and design. Love dogs and being outdoors. Amateur photographer and love for anything arty. I would love to connect with people who face the same struggles I do and want to give whoever’s reading this a big hug.. enjoy your Sunday and thank you all for your stories. Always here if you need anything :)

another

Postby another » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:47 pm

I have a Messiah complex that drives me towards success.

It has been holding me up for 13 years, meanwhile everyone in my life sees my drive, my focus, my persistence and my dedication as nothing more than symptoms of autism and the only times they've ever been proud of me is when they've forced me to abandon my plans in order to lumber me with the obligation to protect their investments because mine mean nothing to them.

bowrey

Postby bowrey » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:20 pm

Hello I am from the UK, in my late 40s, married but can't really talk to my husband, feeling pretty ground down and exhausted. I'm struggling and unhappy at work and questioning a lot of the decisions I made in my life to end up so unhappy. I'm hoping to be able to give support and get support on this forum.

Return to “Newbies Room”