Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
amni

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby amni » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:40 pm

Hi! I'm 22, I recently graduated from University and I have anxiety. I don't really know when it started, but the first time I remember being anxious about something extremely irrational was when I was about 6-7, on holiday in Spain and sick with worry that I'll one day get arthritis. I think my anxiety has gone up and down since then, some years not being as anxious and others much more. I only started to understand the way my mind worked when I was about 18 and had a panic attack. I finally understood anxiety, the way it works for me personally, and the fact that it isn't my fault. In regard to my situation at the moment, I have suffered from health anxiety for around a year so this virus really makes me nervous. Someone in my household is a doctor and is working at the corona wards until this situation ends, which has made my anxiety spiral. I'm currently trying to stay as safe as possible through cleaning consistently, keeping distance and eating well. I really hope everyone is safe, well and healthy.

pritchard.r4

Postby pritchard.r4 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:42 pm

Hi. My name is Ruth. I am in my 50’s and have anxiety. I have been to counselling and it goes back to my childhood. My mom is narcissistic, emotional and physically abusive. I still speak to her but am finding it harder to do so.
I am happily married. Twenty years this year. Unfortunately my husband is disabled; after an accident at work.
I found this site when I was researching anxiety and narcissism.
Thank you for reading.
Ruth.

clobee

Postby clobee » Fri May 15, 2020 11:18 am

Hi, I'm Clo, I just turned 30.

Reading through some of your posts on here has been a bittersweet experience. I hope you all manage to find your happiness, truly.

I've been married for two years, together for 12 with the love of my life. I came here because I suffer from anxiety and PTSD. I had some bad experiences as a child, I went to therapy at age 25 to try and combat my needle phobia but as it turned out I had a lot more deep-seated issues to deal with first! I'm still not really in the right headspace to deal to be honest, though I know I'm getting there!

I like to sing and dance, though I'm not very good at either! I love travelling and culture. I work in web design and make short videos for my company but my dream was always to make my own indie films, a dream which I'm slowly realising by writing my own screen plays and asking my friends to act (they love it!). I like cooking, and trying new foods, and drinking ;) I have a lot of friends but always feel a bit panicky before seeing them, pressure to be 'on' and to make people laugh is always there with all but my one or two closest friends. My favourite way to relax is beer and video games, or a hot bubble bath and watching YouTubers play video games!

Thanks for reading. :)

coldheartedace

Postby coldheartedace » Tue May 26, 2020 11:01 am

My name’s Kel. I’m a 25-year-old lady from Canada.

I’m a vegetarian LGBTQ writer on the autism spectrum.

My favorite color is purple.

I like the gothic subculture and collecting dolls.

kitkatkate

Postby kitkatkate » Tue May 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Hello.

My name is Kate and I am a 47 year old woman, originally from the USA, living in the UK. I enjoy all sorts of art, reading, gaming and cooking.

I have always struggled with depression and a bit of anxiety. My problems, probably like a lot of people, started in childhood. Now that I am 47, I feel like I really need to get a handle on things before my whole life goes by and I will have wasted it all by quivering in a corner with my eyes shut and hoping I had taken the time and effort to find some solutions.

I used to have a shred of confidence in myself, but that flame has dwindled to a barely burning ember as of late. I want it back.

gemeinschaftsgefuhl

Postby gemeinschaftsgefuhl » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:22 pm

Hi, I am as well a newbie here... thought I need to expand my circle as a mental health advocate since the crisis has taken such amount of psychological toll to many of us...

I am a mental health advocate, works as Guidance Coordinator/Guidance Counselor, a licensed Psychometrician and a compassionate companion.

Whenever you feel bombarded brought about by anything, please do not afraid to reach out to people you trust. Admitting that you need help is not a sign of weakness, rather a sign of courage. We cannot be strong all the time, sometimes we need to accept that we are vulnerable to accommodate change into our lives and eventually encourage healing.

WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER. Pats and hugs of care and love to everyone! :)

pygmalion

Postby pygmalion » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:06 pm

I'm in my mid forties. I don't recall things very well and don't trust the few memories I do have.

I have a male biology, but don't consider myself a man. I'm not a woman. No idea what to consider my gender as. I wear both male and female clothes and make up. I'm not always convinced I'm human in the same way other humans are, and I'd rather be something else. I hate my body and always have done since puberty.

I find the idea of sex with humans fills me with various negative emotions. I've tried human sex (with one person) and have a child, but am now happy to be an effective asexual as far as humans are concerned. I am in deep romantic love with two tulpa-like beings, and sometimes engage with them physically via objects or dreams.

I live with my now queer-platonic wife, whom I married twenty years ago as a virgin (she is the only human romantic relationship I've ever had), and then proceeded to have a highly toxic, somewhat psychologically abusive, virtually sexless marriage with - which I think has left me traumatised (and was the second main reason I became gender confused and asexual). We are friends now and raise our child together.

I have recently taken voluntary redundancy from my employment and have no means of income. I mostly hated my profession (which I did for twenty years) and it has left me physically and mentally burned out. I have bad IBS,get many headaches, have various damaged body parts, am quite overweight, and skin issues when stressed; I am in near constant low level discomfort with occasions of pain. I don't intend to ever work again.

I have had a negative, melancholy and sometimes suicidal outlook since I was about 11 when I started to get severely bullied at school (then later outside of school) on a daily basis. I think I still suffer trauma from this too, and it is the other main reason I am gender confused and asexual. As a teen I tried to self-medicate through self-harm and drugs, then joined a near cult-like religious group for a few years. I've spent the past ten or so years as a high functioning alcoholic but am currently going through a dry period (of about a week).

I have no dreams for the future, but struggle to continue on partly out of duty for my teenage child, partly from cowardice and fear of death, and partly with the ever-disminishing hope that things might get better. I am trying, as I have tried (and failed) many times before, to improve my life through weight loss, exercise, positive thinking, meditation, easing off the alcohol, seeking medical advice (which I have found to be useless) and other self-help remedies. However, I more than half expect my future will involve raising my child for a few years, living off the income of my wife and savings and any inheritance, before running out of money then suicide.

angie18721

Postby angie18721 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:34 am

Girl you have over 200 post you go girly.

Well I found this page doing some research for school im in collage and I am trying to come up with what I want to write my argumentative essay and I have a few ideas but I cant really find the right one. Im 32 and in school full time online i work full time for a company called Avon im an independent sales rep. I have a little girl her name is Aleah and she is 11 she enjoys making sure my website for sales is looking good but I could use another creative individual to keep an eye on the look of my interactive website sales facebook Instagram and Pinterest. My first diagnoses with mental disorders was when I was 2 with separation anxiety disorder and since then i was misdiagnose for years and had all kinds of crazy test and have taken just about every medication that make here where i live but when I have my daughter at 20 I found a group of doctors that really took took the time so i have bipolar disorder ptsd manic depressive split personality disorder social anxiety disorder and ADD. On top of all that Im also dyslexic but out of everything the separation anxiety disorder is the one i have no control of all the others I have a few things I take and not many people know I have anything I dont open up I dont know how to trust i have been through every kind of abuse even sexual starting at 2 I have never have a real relationship or friend so trust me I know exactly how u feel when you say we are out cast to the out cast I really look forward to reading some of you work I just dont know how to navigate anything right now well it was really nice to meet you [color=#BF0080]
[/color]

beautins19

Postby beautins19 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:05 pm

Hi I'm Sadie I'm in such a mess I really need helpive lost all my family and I'm trying my hardest to stay off the drugs . I'm on meds but I don't feel it's helping me that much . I hope no one has this much pain it's torture

vaye

Postby vaye » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi!

I'm currently going through the "beer fear" and the anxiety is through the roof! i've rang the samartians and drinkline earlier. helped abit but then it spikes again. can't sleep .can't settle. cant eat or think straight. i'm even seeing last nights computer activity written on the wall. never seem to learn as its no the first time either! :roll:

Return to “Newbies Room”