Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
mihaela

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby mihaela » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:45 am

I only have two pawesome kitties now - Катя and Angel. Poor Tara went under the Rainbow Bridge in November. I'll be getting another one when I'm ready :)

carer4life

Postby carer4life » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:15 am

Hi everyone

I have only just joined so a little about me, i am 46 and been a carer for 10 years which is something that i have really enjoyed in all that time and have learned so much about many things as well especially about health conditions, medications, mental health professionals and stigma and attitudes in regard to mental health as a whole.

As a person i'm generally very laid back with a caring and sensitive nature, i'm not a professional carer but merely have carers allowance which i look after a nice lady who's been under the mental health services since around 2000. I find it so rewarding helping her even if it can be very hard work sometimes but i would rather be in the position of making a difference than letting her self destruct or let mental health teams just not do much to help which has been my experience.

I have found that i have grown into the role and have learned to be quite good and understanding with it as well, maybe carers are not all that well thought of as a rule but they provide a good service and alternative to hospitals and mental health assesments. Thanks for listening (reading) and nice to be here.

feenix

Postby feenix » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:12 pm

Hi, just joined so I guess I should introduce myself!
I'm a 48 year old single mum. I have BPD/ EUPD and several minor traits. I have also just been diagnosed with comorbid anorexia (my latest self harm "style" according to the psychologists)
I used to be a secondary school teacher and managed to keep things pretty much under control for 18 years, but then it all went to he'll in 2015 with a series of burn outs/ breakdowns call them what you will, and I ended up losing my job on grounds of ill health. I'm on ESA/ disability now but the employment office let's me work 15 hours a week as a "therapeutic activity" so I'm now a support worker for adults with learning difficulties which I love.

kiwi91

Postby kiwi91 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:32 am

Hey there i am new here too.... you sound like you have been through so much!!! I too suffer from phycois hence why I'm still awake and also I see thing.... this is my 2nd night of not been able to take my pill to put me to sleep (makes me sound like a dog being put down), due to children in my care I have to be fully alert, like that isn't a problem
Bright now!! Cause I'm not asleep..... I too find it hard to fit into social situation or even be in a group of people in a social circle.... I never know what to say or even the appropriate thing to say... so I tend to avoid, my anxiety and depression and confirmed OCD keeps me indoors manically cleaning!!! Least I'm away from harm :roll: :roll: ... you have a wonderful list of good thing about yourself and see to be doing well you should be proud.... I have recently joined art therapy groups and have taken a big interest in sketching, I struggle to draw from my imagination as my head is so clouded but love to draw from eye.... I would love to share some of my art work and perhaps might do so in the creative part of the form :)hope your well x

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:53 am

feenix wrote:Hi, just joined so I guess I should introduce myself!
I'm a 48 year old single mum. I have BPD/ EUPD and several minor traits. I have also just been diagnosed with comorbid anorexia (my latest self harm "style" according to the psychologists)
I used to be a secondary school teacher and managed to keep things pretty much under control for 18 years, but then it all went to he'll in 2015 with a series of burn outs/ breakdowns...

Hi feenix and welcome!

From what you say I suspect you may not have EUPD at all. I'll briefly explain why. If you're anything like me, you have undiagnosed 'female-type' Asperger's. It presents very differently than the classic type (usually male) and BPD is probably the most common misdiagnosis. This happens because we present with our various difficulties to generic psychiatrists who rarely know anything about autism - let alone this particular type. Your 'several minor traits' could be less minor than you imagine, and could point away from BPD.

Anorexia is very closely linked to this type of autism too, so much so that some professionals now call it a type of female Asperger syndrome - a bad coping mechanism.

It took me decades to receive the correct diagnosis, and this appalling state of affairs isonly too common. I now know how to handle my difficulties and emotional lability, because I at last understand myself. I too suffer/suffered from many breakdowns, burnouts and meltdowns (theses are three different things, btw). It's worth looking into, anyway.

feenix

Postby feenix » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:19 pm

That's really enlightening! I was originally diagnosed with bipolar II then they changed it o EUPD but it's never been a great fit. I've often joked about having an "aspergery " type head having taught many autistic and aspergers children, and having a couple of male friends wit aspergers I can see some similarities. My brother was diagnosed and treated for ADHD back in the 70's but I've often suspected that he was more autistic.
It's definitely one I should look into. Thanks for the heads up!

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:46 am

Feenix - Nothing you say surprises me. (Bipolar is another common misdiagnosis). You're yet another female Aspie who's been given a raw deal by incompetent professionals.

There are many thousands of us out there, and it's a national scandal. Email me if you have any questions - lamposatmaildotmd. I can point you in the right directions - and give you lots of useful links too. :)

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:38 am

Hi carer for life

I really admire you for what you do. People like you are so important in society. I am lucky and have a lot of support but many people have little or none. Support, as I'm sure you know, is one of the major contributors to good mental health.

Super well done.

I see that is your only post. I hope you come on and post again. The unfortunate thing is that there aren't many posters lately, Ill health being a problem for many of us.

Take care,
Deb x

fpcomen

Postby fpcomen » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:40 pm

After I did my first video it was very overwhelming to see how people responded so it's given me the courage to do more. I will be making more video post to show how I am coping through my passion and maybe just maybe this will inspire you guys out there to try to find your passion as a way to divert all that energy into something positive.

https://youtu.be/P1gaAjr2hPY

englishrose2911

Postby englishrose2911 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Hello!

This is a first for me so please bear with me! So glad I've found you though!

My husband suffers from depression. It hard! It's very hard! I've never know life so hard! There have been times that I want to run away and hide. There have been times when I feel I can't take any more! I want to howl into the wind with the unfairness of it all! I am impatient for him to get better. I want to see him smile - he has an amazing smile! He doesn't smile. I am lonely! Who can I tell? Our friends know but they only scratch the surface! It's me that gets the truth! The deep dark devastating truth that calls its self depression! I want to leave. I want to go and live elsewhere until it's all over! I am a coward! I'll come back when you come back my darling! But I stay. I go to work resenting that I have to and you can't. I'm tired! But I love you. I love you I love you I love you! You are the love of my life for better for worse! It's is not you I hate, it the third person in our relationship! I'm here for you baby! Just waiting for the sun to come out! We will see this through together until we see its warmth once again.

Return to “Newbies Room”