Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
sasom

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby sasom » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:14 am

Hi guys and girls. My name is Sasha, i'm 33 and I'm from Austria.

I've been handling and battling depression and anxiety for the better part of 16 years now. You know, it has it's ups and downs, but I did manage to get actual help 2 years ago and things have been improving since there.

I'm not 100% sure what I hope to find in this community, but I would love to learn more about what makes people "tick" and how to best handle the issues we have.

Take care and be good to eachother!

nightofjoy

Postby nightofjoy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:40 pm

48 years old. UK.

Started with mental health issues as a kid, around 10. Had a breakdown in my teens, pulled it back, started late but educated myself after missing a lot of school in my younger years. Found myself in a decent career, freelancing, which was ideal. Managed to work around 50% of the time until a few years ago. I mean, not like part time work, but I'd work until being around people and the weight of life became too much, then I'd have to let my illness have it's time until I felt strong enough to go out into the world again.

I've found myself in an impossible situation the last few years, detailed in my longer post in the newbies room. Thanks for listening.

padkins78

Postby padkins78 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi, I'm brand new to this site as well as depression alongside some serious anxiety. So I'm 41 with 6, 4, and 2 yr old girls. My girlfriend and I have been together 7 years and have had our ups and downs. So over the last 3 months she cheated on me 3 times with 5 different people, the last of which 2 weeks ago was with my oldest brother and his wife. Idk what to do! Everything inside me screams leave or do the same to her but another little part still screams stay in there she can change or do it for the girls. She is 29 years old and has been battling addiction for a few years now. I want to be supportive of her recovery so she can be there for our girls but I'm so hurt that I've LITERALLY shoved all that to another part in my brain just so I can function. I've thought about all of it, suicide, my girls need me so thats outta the question. Leaving her, she wouls spiral out of control and it would be only a matter of time before the unthinkable happens. Stay with her, this is the one I've been doing. It's fuckin hard. I'm constantly feeling pressure and a empty feeling on my chest alongside the headaches, moodswings, and "daydreaming". This CANNOT be healthy, I don't know what to do. Has anyone got some advice. None of my loved ones knows so I've also been dealing with this alone.

samwamm

Postby samwamm » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:30 am

I'm so complex i never know what to say when someone asks me to talk about myself.

Every aspect of me is different to the norm in some way.

Normally I need some sort of category to talk about to narrow it down.

And asking about my likes and dislikes doesn't help either.

It makes it very difficult to converse with normal or even weird people.

I'm like an alien species and only those who've known me a while understand the language.

I often find myself having to have an hour's lecture to explain my point of view because it's not similar enough in any one part to anything they understand.

-and oh boy do i hate it when people assume.

lettie

Postby lettie » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:30 pm

Hello! I am a 41 year single mum. I have had a lot of years figuring out what is the matter with me?? I been diagnosed depression, anxiety disorder and feeling worthless. I had 3 break downs recent was last year, I also have signs of PTSD ( not diagnosed ). Recently I have realise my abuser is my mum. I have cut her out and blocked my phones and blocked my little brother phone as i is like her I can't be around him. I have a 9 year boy I can't let her around him, i will take the emotional abuse but she is not touching my son.
My mum is covert narcissistic abuser and a manipulatior, has lied about everything she forgets what she has lie in the first place. I been having nightmares someone was trying to kill, that person had no face! sometimes I have no idea what she will be when these faces will come up ( if that makes any sense).
Half of me it's all truth but half of me thinks I can't be try but no one will believe me, other people thinks she is amazing. Sometimes I just want a proffessional that it's true, I do not trust myself. I have been diagnosed of IBS, I have be careful what I eat but recently anything I eat I feel sick, tight stomach or stomach ache or pains, tension headaches this is mainly from my anxiety.
When I am thinking or writing this message to you, all of this symptoms all come up.
I have been reading some books and watched a video with Mederith Miller about narcissistic abuse, I feel I need to understand so I can be able to heal me! I had deny this abuse all of my life and now I don't know you I am any more.
But I feel very scared about my future.
Thankyou for reading my message

Return to “Newbies Room”