Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
tofler

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby tofler » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:22 am

d08an2412 wrote:I have something else to tell about me , I'm learning that my feeling and emotions are important too , I don't understand others like they might not understand me , I'm lucky , I'm writing , I'm learning , had enough is now different , " I've had enough of others feeling being priority and mine being unimportant , now I feel strong and my feeling are important vs you are unpredictable and selfish vs it's ok to have feelings , I'm me and you are you thoughts are thoughts and these forums are here for all to express

Hi d08an2412, not sure if you're still around on here but if you are, here's a very belated hello and welcome! Trying to get some distance from our thoughts isn't easy sometimes, but it's an important skill to try and develop I reckon. Sometimes I feel completely overpowered by my thoughts and it's not a good place to be.

lealea

Postby lealea » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:47 am

tofler wrote:Hi lealea, hello and welcome to the forum. It can take a little while to get used to the layout of the forum and where everything is etc, but I'm sure you'll get used to it. Just post a question somewhere if there's something you've lost on here or something you're not sure about. Sorry to hear about the breakdown in your 20's and your very low moods. I'm living with depression and have some very dark days. Good that you've been talking to your GP though. I hope you find it helpful being on here.

Thanks. It is good to hear about others going through the same things.

starbug27

Postby starbug27 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi
I have decided to reach out for further support as have realised I need help and guidance as have reached a really low point in my life which I thought I was now strong enough to avoid.
I have had previous MH problems many years ago, became very low in 2008 due to my divorce. I now find myself in a very difficult place emotionally, and as of yesterday been signed off work as no longer feel I can cope. I don't sleep or eat, finding it hard to function....

tofler

Postby tofler » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:06 am

Hi starbug27, welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear that things are so very difficult for you at the moment. Hopefully being signed off work will give you some time to rest and to focus on your own needs in order to get your mental health improving again. Have you got much / any support around you e.g. family, friends or health professionals? It's good that you're reaching out for additional support on here. It's a pretty quiet forum though with only a few people who reply to posts. When anyone posts in these threads at the top of the page it can be difficult to get any replies because often other people on here don't notice that a new post has been added to the thread. So a better way of getting more replies is to use the "new topic" button and start your own thread (in whichever section of the forum feels most relevant or appropriate to you).

Anyway, I hope you find the forum useful and please let us know how you're doing. I'm divorced as well and still trying to come to terms with that and trying to get my life going again!

kixxed

Postby kixxed » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:46 am

Hello - 44 year old, thinking I perhaps could do with some support, started taking cocaine again recently, only small amounts but its the cracks and I know where they lead....

Want to seriously stop the spiralling and work out what the triggers are...

I'd love to be more enthusiastic right now, but lifes looking a bit dark right now....

K
x

tilly

Postby tilly » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Hi first time on this site well any for that matter....I'm 53 I'm a nurse and have been in the nursing profession for around 27yrs...love my job but had to take time off recently as finding it all too much.I was diagnosed with depression approx 5yrs ago was on antidepressants changed these several times as had bad side effects...eventually came off as I wasn't feeling any better...I also changed in personality swearing no patience irritable talking fast rushing around unable to sleep then all of a sudden I will be so depressed I struggle with be able to do much.I cry most days and feel lost and can't see a way out of this...Diagnosed few month ago with Bipola 2 just started on meds and therapy...This morning I was crying again...I felt so low.. I panicked and needed just someone to talk to .Can't really speak to family as my mum worries over the slightest thing and becomes anxious...and I need someone who understands...I sometimes have feelings I don't want to carry on but I somehow do...I came on here hoping someone has felt like this and understands....I feel lost...

ogrouchy

Postby ogrouchy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi,

I'm 34 and I have recently developed anxiety. What makes me feel worse is that I don't feel I have anything to worry about. In the last 12 months I've bought a house, learned to drive, got married and continued to build my own business. This makes me feel guilty which then increases anxious feelings. The only way I can describe the feeling is my head is going over thoughts so fast I don't have time to justify them or think each point through. Not sure if this will help.

:?

brahimus

Postby brahimus » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:16 am

This Is going to be a long post so please be open minded, because this is one of the hardest things I have every done, but I have to do this. I'm also sorry to my friends and family who have to find out this way.
Where to start?
To be honest, I wish I didn't have emotions. Life would be so much simpler without them.
I have always been timid when it comes to expressing myself, speaking my mind, and standing up for something. This stems from being raised in a culture where showing emotions is frowned upon. Men aren't suppose to show their thoughts or feelings.
So I’ve always played it safe and stood by the sideline, and I never wanted to rock the boat. And sometimes, when I’ve felt like saying something, I’ve wondered if people would even care, or if what I say would hurt someone or make them feel uncomfortable.
Because, frankly, sometimes people talk just for the sake of talking or because they want attention, and that bothered me. However, I also envied those who could just say what they think and speak their truth, even though I may or may not have agreed with them.
Nothing I ever did seemed good enough. There was constant criticism that I could do better, and I know I should of done better. I was raised to never to talk back to my seniors and not to say anything when I had nothing nice to say.
I know my friends and family have always had my best interest at heart. They have always tried to help me and be there for me. Push me to what I could become, but not achieving this has made me feel worthless, a disappointment and a failure.
Nevertheless, as years passed, the more I stayed muted, the more horrible my body and mind felt. I pushed people who I care about away and wish I could open up and tell them about everything I feel. But I've become afraid of being open.
Feelings now make me feel vulnerable and weak. Like I am less of a man for having these thoughts and feelings.
I feel like I'm not good enough, I don’t know who I should be, and I feel lost and alone, even when I'm surrounded by those who care about me.
I'm afraid of failure but with no motivation to succeed.
I feel everything and numb all the time.
I know many people will like and respond to this, and I thank you for it, but until I start liking myself. Everything you say will feel empty to me.

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Oy get this shifted to the mutual support forum -copy and paste it

And then we can slowly pick bits off it

Start with like minded souls - us lot - and it will help

Be open say what you like - open up those pent up feeling of many years

Short and regular posts work best IMHO - but copy and paste the lot to start with
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

kashton

Postby kashton » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi, I'm 33. I've had depression and anxiety most of my life ( started when I was about 6).
Recently I started using online dating as a distraction from it, even though I'm in a happy relationship. I've never cheated but this makes me feel so guilty and ashamed. Think I'm addicted to it too now

Return to “Newbies Room”