Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
d08an2412

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby d08an2412 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:05 am

Hi , I'm 44 and have 5 cats , I've been diagnosed with
Cyclotymia and EUBPD , I live in the present not knowing how I'll feel from one minute to the next
, believing one day I'll be Peter Pan living forever vs the opposite . I live my life feeling in control of my emotions
One minute to a single word or look from another that will send me into
Mayhem judging myself and everyone and the is it me or
Is it them if you get me . One thing I can say about me is I now have distance from my thoughts sometimes
As I'm writing this now rather than thinking its me its me and wanting what I was so so lucky to have never got ,
I love being alone and hate being on my own , I thought I knew me and get frustrated because I want to be understood
But really I don't understand me so how can anyone else , statements " I'm learning ' " it's not only me " . I get overwhelmed when a sentance is said that I understand . Wish So So much I had the confidence to reply to posts as I over think everything word I want to say and look at it in every way possible and don't post a reply because I worry the wrong word in a sentance can create emotions that are not understood until you learn the difference , that's me

d08an2412

Postby d08an2412 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:07 am

I have something else to tell about me , I'm learning that my feeling and emotions are important too , I don't understand others like they might not understand me , I'm lucky , I'm writing , I'm learning , had enough is now different , " I've had enough of others feeling being priority and mine being unimportant , now I feel strong and my feeling are important vs you are unpredictable and selfish vs it's ok to have feelings , I'm me and you are you thoughts are thoughts and these forums are here for all to express

keepingfaith

Postby keepingfaith » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:18 am

Hello everyone

I'd rather remain anonymous for now.

I suffer from depression and anxiety and used to use another mental health forum, but this was compromised due to complications with another member which got messy. I need another outlet that enables me to be completely honest about how I'm feeling.

I love yoga :)

newstart8

Postby newstart8 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:44 pm

I have suffered with depression for over 20 years I cope with this but at the moment am not coping afc all my husband left me in had my little dog put to sleep and I'm sure I'm bordered on bipolar now I have episodes where I buy stuff that I can't afford manic behaviour erratic then I'm very low sleepy and feel worthless I'm taking 150mg sertraline but not finding this is really helping me
Any advise would be great

kenneth2205

Postby kenneth2205 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:22 pm

New to group. I have suffered Anxiety and Depression for the past 30 years. I am currently going through episode that ha lasted the last year and a half. Looking forward to sharing posts and opinions.

lealea

Postby lealea » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi, I am new to the site and not very good at navigating, so sorry if you ask me a question I do not answer...
I have always been “melancholic “ and have suffered anxiety really since a breakdown in my mid 20s (am 45 now).
I have occasional dips with very low moods.
Imjoined the forum at my GPs suggestion, so here I am :)

tofler

Postby tofler » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:51 am

Hi lealea, hello and welcome to the forum. It can take a little while to get used to the layout of the forum and where everything is etc, but I'm sure you'll get used to it. Just post a question somewhere if there's something you've lost on here or something you're not sure about. Sorry to hear about the breakdown in your 20's and your very low moods. I'm living with depression and have some very dark days. Good that you've been talking to your GP though. I hope you find it helpful being on here.

tofler

Postby tofler » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:57 am

kenneth2205 wrote:New to group. I have suffered Anxiety and Depression for the past 30 years. I am currently going through episode that ha lasted the last year and a half. Looking forward to sharing posts and opinions.

Hi kenneth2205, hello and welcome! It's good to have you here. Sorry to hear that you've been living with anxiety and depression for 30 years. I hope you find it helpful being on here and it would be good to hear a bit more about how things are for you and how you're doing etc.

tofler

Postby tofler » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:09 am

newstart8 wrote:I have suffered with depression for over 20 years I cope with this but at the moment am not coping afc all my husband left me in had my little dog put to sleep and I'm sure I'm bordered on bipolar now I have episodes where I buy stuff that I can't afford manic behaviour erratic then I'm very low sleepy and feel worthless I'm taking 150mg sertraline but not finding this is really helping me
Any advise would be great

Hi newstart8, hello and welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear that your husband left and you've had your dog put to sleep, that's two very difficult things to deal with. If you think that you might be bordering on having bipolar now, have you talked to your GP about this? Do you have much support from family and friends? 20 years is a long time to have been living with depression. I'm sure you know this already but after everything you've been through recently, getting through each day and eventually starting to move forwards again will be about taking teeny tiny steps. New start (as per your username) is a good way of thinking about it, but it'll take time to make that new start. Anyway, I hope you find it helpful being on here and it would be good to here more about how you're doing and the things you're struggling with.

tofler

Postby tofler » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:15 am

keepingfaith wrote:Hello everyone

I'd rather remain anonymous for now.

I suffer from depression and anxiety and used to use another mental health forum, but this was compromised due to complications with another member which got messy. I need another outlet that enables me to be completely honest about how I'm feeling.

I love yoga :)

Hi keepingfaith, hello and welcome! Sorry to hear that things got difficult for you on another mh forum and I hope you find it helpful being on here. It might be more quiet on here than what you're used to! How long have you been doing yoga for? This is something that I really want to try, I just need to find a beginner's class that I can get to and then pluck up the courage to go inside and give it a go.

Return to “Newbies Room”