Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
patchybilbo

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby patchybilbo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:59 pm

Cathybear

I can relate totally to you and your dog. We took on a dog that had problems. He was difficult, but he loved, being with me, loved it. I loved him so much. We were kindred spirits as both damaged goods ha ha.

Unfortunately he bit someone when they were jogging, I just couldn't understand it, but everyone said he was frightened and was protecting me. It came out of the blue and I was heartbroken. He was given to us by a couple who couldn't look after him and we only had him a week, but we had to give him back as we couldn't trust him with others.

The day they came to take him back, crushed me. I cried like a baby. He looked at me as if to say "no, please don't send me back"he didn't want to go, it was obvious. His owner couldn't believe how settled he was with us. I felt that I had let him down and still do.
But he saved me, and showed me I could love and be loved, and I have since heard he has found another home and is happy

solost

Postby solost » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 am

I'm 32 and feel so alone I am thinking its time to end everything

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:08 am

Just moving this thread back up the rankings. Anyone know how we request a sticky?

Edit. Scratch that question, found the mods email. supportforum@sane.org.uk

tofler

Postby tofler » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:27 am

solost wrote:I'm 32 and feel so alone I am thinking its time to end everything

Hi solost, sorry to hear that you're feeling so low and alone. I hope you're still with us? I live on my own and struggle with depression and loneliness. Can you tell us a bit more about your situation and what's going on in your life that's making you feel so low?

tofler

Postby tofler » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:32 am

Hi all, my "about me" info is in my profile which you can find by clicking / tapping on my username.

new18

Postby new18 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi everyone.
I realise the last post was last year but thats only a few weeks ago. And wanted to post so maybe others will to.
Iam 18 year old female (hopefully not too young to be using this). Iam studying a full time corse hoping to go uni while having a part time job. Currently trying to keep this all together while struggling with anorexia/ bulmia, depression and suspect persionalitly disorder. Feeling extremely lonely and sad even though my life is quite busy

vivian

Postby vivian » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:47 am

Hi all
New here. Thought I'd join as a way of standing up, bravely and accepting, I have anxiety and depression. It's kinda hard to admit, right? Been off work since November and went back last week on phased return which I don't think was a great decision as now feel I've gone back several steps and thinking I need to be signed off again and/or quit my job. I find it hard at the moment to know what is the depression/anxiety and what is a 'real thought'. I have a tendency to avoidance.

Anyway, that is not all me, so here goes: -
I love music, love, love, love music. Going to gigs is my favourite thing to do, and I have travelled all around the world to see the bands I love. My favourite band is The Maccabees and Hugo White is my guitar hero. I also love Pearl Jam, and have done since I was 16.
I am learning the guitar, piano and have singing lessons.
I am always reading and love buying books even though I have a book case full of unread books. It makes me feel secure to know that I will never run out of books. Libraries make me happy. I am going through a Russian writers stage at the moment.
I want to be a writer and have written 3 novels, and have 2 in half done states. my New Years Resolution is to send out my work.

Thanks for reading to the end. Looking forward to knowing you all better :-)

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Hi New18! I know we've spoken before but being 'only' 18 shouldn't matter at all, as long as you've something to say, need help or can offer help. Officially I think this forum is for over 18s, but who's to know? ;)

Hello Vivian, and welcome!

We have a few things in common. I love music pretty obsessively too, especially Romanian music. I learnt the piano too, but my dyspraxia prevented me from getting very far. So frustrating. :(

Books? Another big obsession. I have over 3000 of the things - quite a lot of them yet to be read. Congratulations on your novels. You say you want to be a writer, but you're clearly one already. I've never written a book, but often people have said that I should. I've published many articles though - on a wide range of subjects. Libraries make me happy too, especially well-stocked quiet ones. :)

kjas

Postby kjas » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:17 pm

I have 3 pawesome kitties Hawkeye, Malfoy and Mustang

christabel

Postby christabel » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:05 pm

Love kitties :)

Return to “Newbies Room”