Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hello I cant cope!! Bills, life, stability ! helpppp

If you're new and want to say hello...
auriiegn

Hello I cant cope!! Bills, life, stability ! helpppp

Postby auriiegn » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:13 pm

Here I am like everyone else, going to an online forum because I don't know what else to do.

Il try not to rant for too long :cry:

I just cant cope with day to day life right now, all of the distractions, the bills, the need to support myself and be independent its too much for me I just cant do it all and i get depressed and i cant move or i let constant social media distract me - i don't know where to begin, how to focus and i start to feel energy and start to try and sort things but i get constantly distracted and avoid everything.

Im 30 and my parents still support me because I pursued an art career but I cant make money from it, now Im graduated with a masters at a top art school but i cant deal with the 'real world' , I am recently divorced, I have a child to look after for half the week, I got a job through a street food vendor to get some cash , I told them I would start in september and they text me just now to ask if Im free - One of them is my friend and i thought he meant to hang out - so i said yes, then he asked me to work tomorrow but id already made plans whilst im not with my kid to work on new project with a collaborator, i hate jobs, i hate how they expect you to just work if your 'free', I hate how society makes you feel you are worthless if you are not employed, i always have the urge to walk out of jobs, Im trying to make new art because i have a show coming up but I have no money and no studio.

This might all sound trivial but my mum just bailed me out because i didn't pay council tax and it went to court, im causing my parents so much stress, Iv desperately been trying to sort my flat and get into new projects and then i almost cracked when i got that text.

I have a deep dread of work, my Dad says told me i should quit being an artist and get a proper job, but i have solo shows and am successful i believe in making art more than anything, i just cant make money from it, iv always made art, i've always followed a radical path of avoidance though creativity, my parents are getting older, i seriously think if they didn't support me id be alcoholic and probably on the street.

Im really scared, i guess to a lot of people i seem privileged, to have parents who can support me, to able to go to art school - but i feel like I am about to loose my art career because i just can cope, support myself or be independent and my parents wont keep supporting me, nor should they.

I guess i only recently understood i suffer from some depression, I just cant deal with things like some other people can, but the main thing is i find it so hard , impossible to support myself financially - i have a death drive or fetish for walking out of jobs, overspending, i find it difficult to be creative without this kind of rebellion

whats more and i know this might sound weird but I find I get increasingly annoyed and alienated from people who are not internet aware - their attitude annoys me, i grew up on the internet and internet culture is a big part of my life, i feel a separation or i cant relate to people who just dont really spend time engaging with the community aspects of the internet, its difficult to explain, its like they just don't get something

Return to “Newbies Room”