Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

need help

If you're new and want to say hello...
littleme1

need help

Postby littleme1 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:58 pm

I have never done anything like this, never seeked help of any kind..

am 18, during the last 7 years i have been through more than any child should ever go through and i know its shaped me into the person i am today and tbh i dont like the person i am. I hate doing anything what everyone else sees as fun, ive lost a lot of friendships due to who i turned into.

Recently i lost the only person who got me through everything, my boyfriend who gave up on me like everyone else does and that seems to be the thing that has broken me completly i have lost way to many people through life

i wake up everyday feeling sick to my stomach and i dont understand why, i literally have to drag myself out of bed and to work i come home and go to bed, i am 18 this is not normal, i love my job but i just have no motivation

i was diagnosed with depression last year when i visited the doctor and had councilling which did not help one bit

i think i just need someone who may have been in a similar situation to talk to!

please help me!

MythEagle

Re: need help

Postby MythEagle » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Hello littleme, welcome to Sane.

I know you wrote this yesterday so I am wondering how you are doing today?

It sounds from your post that life has been really difficult for you and depression will no doubt be making everything else seem worse. You say you were diagnosed last year and had counselling, has your GP offered, or have you asked for any medication? Or if you are on medication has your GP considered upping the dose or changing the variety of drug?

Hold on in there and keep talking. You aren't alone here

ME
You are braver than you think, and stronger than you know.

littleme1

Postby littleme1 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Hey,
I dont believe in medication always been against the idea thats just my opinion .. ive kept myself bust today which can help alot
I just have more down days than i do up atm

MythEagle

Postby MythEagle » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:03 am

I respect your thoughts on medication littleme. If regular medication isn't your thing perhaps herbal remedies, or alternative therapies might be more to your liking. I have just (tonight) started online CBT at https://moodgym.anu.edu.au if you're interested in trying CBT without a counsellor. (Before anyone yells at me for it my GP recommended this course).

You're right keeping busy can help, but you can't be busy all the time, so I hope you can find some tips or tricks to help you in the quieter moments. One thing I have done is make a music mix I called "Blue and up" so it starts off with tracks that empathise with my low mood and gradually moves into a more upbeat feel. Just a thought

ME
You are braver than you think, and stronger than you know.

Return to “Newbies Room”