Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Im back

If you're new and want to say hello...
grandmaw

Im back

Postby grandmaw » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi, I havent been on here for a while, but really need some help now, I have felt so down all year and dont seem to have got any better with different medications giving to me, I just dont know what to do? I have seemed to lost all my so call friends and dont know who to speak too

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: Im back

Postby judithj » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:36 pm

hi, welcome home, hugs, Judith xxx

grandmaw

Postby grandmaw » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Thanks Judith, its nice to see a name I recognise, not that I wish you where still here in this dark place, but I had always hoped that you would get better as you deserved to, you always had good answers.
but what do we do? I have had CBT this year it helped at the time, but its been finished for several months now and then it all comes back....
I am now suffer with osteoarthrities so have a lot of pain in most of my joints even my hands so cant do the craft work I used to, which always helped to take my mind of things,
but now its just too painful everywhere even in my head.... I just dont know what to do, I keep saying this all the time, I dont know what to do, so my husband is getting fed up with me and my dad, he just had a go at me as I said I wasnt dressed, its the first time for a while, and no-one is here, so whats the point

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:28 pm

having a day in your PJs once in a while is ok - as you say, if there's no-one else around then why not. if it happens too often though, then it's maybe time to set getting dressed as a target for every day.
sorry about the osteo-arthritis - are there any crafts you can try which won't hurt too much. using your hands will help to stop them becoming stiff, but maybe do it gradually for short periods, hugs, Judith xxx

grandmaw

Postby grandmaw » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:48 pm

I dont know what craft I could do, as I make cards and do x-stitch so both very fiddley.
Well I am dressed now, had pasta again for tea, easy and simple to do when alone.
I just cant help thinking I have been here so many times before and i just dont want to be... I also got to go and have a medical next week because of my benefits so thats not helping, if I loose that I will have to work, but what i can do i just dont know, i cant keep on my feet all day and i cant type etc for long, but i am just looking at the black spot again, if only people was honest we wouldnt be put through all of this, its just not fair,
the days are so long this time of year as its so dark so quickly, I have started using my SAD lamp already, thought it might help, dont usually start until Oct but started at the begining of Sept.... but nothing helps,
anybody for any ideas.....

judithj

Postby judithj » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:03 pm

you could try using aida with a lower hpi count and perhaps less complicated patterns. i used to do x-stitch but started having problems counting the stitches because my eyesight isn't very good. you can get aida ribbon which you could use for more abstract designs (maybe make bookmarks?), hugs, Judith xxx

Virella

Postby Virella » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:56 am

Hiya Grandmaw
I'm a stitcher too! I've seen some fingerless glove type things that you can get which support your joints but leave your fingers free so you can stitch, I'm sure I have, I'll see if I can find a link to some.
*googles* aha!! There we go: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=arthritis+gloves&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=8882615465&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11984773221322012512&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_7arvdf786z_b

Also, do you take glucosamine supplements?? I've heard that they're very good for relieving arthritis pains xxx

grandmaw

Postby grandmaw » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Thank you for the information of fingerless gloves, I will definetly look into those.
Feeling very tired today, had harvest lunch at my local church and helped but feel shattered and in a great deal of pain and now I am back home low in mood, although I wasnt very good there, got out of my pram a few times with a few people, just cant cope with them all, I dont know why I bothered!! Shore, I just make everyone hate me more.

grandmaw

Postby grandmaw » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:17 pm

sorry I forgot to say yes I do take supplements, now trying rozip capsules, they have a good write up so as I took others for years thought I would try these, anything is worth a go

ooj

Postby ooj » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:23 pm

welcome back but sorry your feeling bad.
Letting down myself does bad things to my soul..Makes me the person I am and shows me all that I have lost.

Return to “Newbies Room”