Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

very upset :(

If you're new and want to say hello...
KQ

very upset :(

Postby KQ » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Just to let you all know that the counselling session was a waste of time because I Don't know what to do for the best any more

I went to see the counsellor this morning
The first thing out of her mouth was , its our last session
Despite of being the last session I told her how I felt and I wanted to die
and me self harming again and she didn't do anything at all.
She even let me go home in tears.
The counselling sessions were only six sessions long

There is no help at all for me any more :(

KQ

oobydoobie

Re: very upset :(

Postby oobydoobie » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:26 pm

Sorry to hear the session didn't go well. Unfortunately it's part of the simplistic PRO CBT mentality that problems can be sorted with quick fix therapy. In reality it isn't always true.
My newspaper

Support on these forums is dictated by being part of the in crowd or not, not by need.

Aleshadxcherylc

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi KQ
Im so sorry to hear that your counselling session didnt go the way you planned!.
Im really suprised she let you come out in a state and in tears!.
I suggest you go back to your GP and tell them what has happened because it sounds like you need more help but the CBT just wasnt for you!.
I'm dreading them words coming out of my therapists mouth as well ive been self harming and felt suicidial all week i hope you can get this resolved with your gp!.
*hugs*
Katie
xx
And the tears come streaming down your face,when you lose something you cant replace
Till now, I always got by on my own, I never really cared until I met you
No-one ever comes close to you

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 pm

i'm sorry the counselling didn't go as you hoped it would. however, i think you need to sort out in your own mind whether you are hurting because the counselling itself has left issues which need further work, or whether you're hurting because of the loss of your counsellor. they are two different things and i think you need to be very clear in your mind whether you need more counselling (which can happen) or whether you want to continue with some sort of friendship with your counsellor (which wouldn't be good).
Counselling is all about helping you to find your own solutions, and it's not healthy for you to become reliant on a counsellor. i know you are hurting, but you need to accept that your counsellor cannot and should not be someone you can just have a casual chat with.
if you are genuinely feeling as though you want to die, then you need to get help from your GP, or go to A and E, but you have to accept that although you may want to continue seeing this counsellor it isn't necessarily the best thing for you, hugs, Judith xxx

isabelledefrance
Location: Planet Earth (most of the time, sometimes lala land)

Postby isabelledefrance » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 pm

sorry to hear about how you are feeling, it seems bit odd that you were not given any notice at that was to be your last session. and 6 sessions does seem very few. however judith does have a point as to pinpointing why you were so upset. if you feel you need more therapy then you need to let yourGPknow. remind yourself though that your therapist is just that: a health professional who is there try and help. they are not there to become our friends. GPs, counsellors etc... cannot allow themselves to become friends with their patients as it would be psychologically damaging for both parties especially the more vulnerable of the two, ie us!! go bck to yur GP, tell him how you feel and how down you are. maybe you were not ready for therapy yet?? My GP didn't start me on therapy until he felt I was ready ie not tearful all the blinking time. take care of yourself and make time to try and enjoy the small things in life. good luck! xx
Do not let feelings lie to you, do not let your emotions bully you x

Aleshadxcherylc

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:06 pm

KQ Please let us know how you are getting on!.
I think Judithj is right you need to see if you need more councilling or weather its because off the loss of your counciller which i fully understand.
JudithJ i understand that we might not be able to have a personal realtionship because she might not want to even know me, but even just to get something set in stone now for stilla therputic realtionship as im always going to have problems ie: after therapy ends i can see her once every 2 weeks because my depression is so severe im not just going to get over it in a couple of weeks! and then i would feel safe and then i could progress with therapy further instead of panicking when its going to end im going to be by myself again, weather im stressed not stressed confident not confident anxious or not anxious im still going to feel the same i dont know if KQ you feel the same as me?, i also have a learning diffcutly so its mroe diffcult for me to make new friends, she understands me and put sone extra time on my sessions so im not panicking!, and she always phrases questions differently if i dont get them shes the first person to understand me and i wont find anyone else like that no-one understands how i feel.
KQ do you feel the same?
Thankfully im seeing my therapist tomrrow so i can hopefully talk about this with her then and with me feeling sucidial!.
Hugs
KAtie
xx
And the tears come streaming down your face,when you lose something you cant replace

KQ

Postby KQ » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Thanks for all the comments and advice

I am NOT upset because I have lost a counsellor .
I am upset because I was reaching out for help today and I didn't get it.
I had a feeling that it might be the last session today but the way I am feeling at the moment
I just couldn't see why the counsellor could give me some more sessions.

I want help to help me with this depression because I have hit rock bottom and I don't know how to pick myself up . The counselling was working but I just went down hill and had a few problems to deal with as well.

It was a waste of time seeing her today because we both sat in silence and she didn't know what for say and I was in tears.

Today I have realised that I am not seeing my counsellor any more , Where does it leaves me because I have hit rock bottom ?

I am seeing my GP tomorrow morning
Hugs back
KQ

Aleshadxcherylc

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:33 pm

It must just me that feels like that then! lol i know im a freak!.
No i dont understand why your counciller couldnt give you anymore sessions especially if she could see that you were feeling vulenarable and low.
Well done for booking an appointment with your GP hope that goes well tomorrow just tell them exactly what you have told us!.
hugs
Katie
xx

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:48 pm

perhaps she couldn't give you any more appointments: it's possible that someone else will be seeing her next week at the time you used to. both times i've had counselling, there were only 6 sessions (different counsellors too), hugs, Judith xxx

KQ

Postby KQ » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:56 pm

I can understand where you are coming from judithj but
it wasn't set days or times for me to see the counsellor.

KQ

Return to “Newbies Room”