Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Worried that my brother is missing.

If you're new and want to say hello...
stressed

Worried that my brother is missing.

Postby stressed » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:41 pm

My brother has been schizophrenic for so long that i've come to accept it.
I love my brother schizophrenia and all, and I wouldn't swap him for the world.
He was sectioned recently because he was becoming increasingly psychotic, and he was o.k. about it, because he realised that it was probably what he needed.
However he was very clear that he did not want to be moved to another hospital.
I begged everyone to please NOT move my brother. I explained that I thought the possible move would be very detrimental to my brother's health, that it woould be against his and the family's wishes and that the move was very likely to make him either start self-harming again or try and kill himself. I was fobbed-off that his previous self-harming was because he was delusional and not as I am certain as a result of being very stressed, and upset.
This evening I got a call at work from the police informing me that my brother is missing. The only advice I have been given is to stay in, and hope he turns up on my door-step. I am worried sick. Even though he has been missing before, I just desperately want to know that he is safe and well somewhere. I'm missing him so much already, and it's frustrating feeling that I can't do more to help.

LadyKeldana

Re: Worried that my brother is missing.

Postby LadyKeldana » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:57 am

*hugs*
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! i have a younger brother who likes to disappear from time to time so i know how horrible it is. Are you in touch with any of his friends?

stressed

Re: Worried that my brother is missing.

Postby stressed » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:12 am

Thanks.
No news yet. No sign of him in any of his usual spots. Not many (true) friends left. Not in his flat, but have left a message.

:idea: In these circumstances he has an amazing ability to travel large distances with no money.

Today i'm going to try and stay positive and keep busy by phoning his mental health team for any ideas. On the whole they do a good job. :)
However if my brother does show up here, I won't want to let him go (esp. back to hospital).

Thanks again, and i'll keep you posted. x

Return to “Newbies Room”