Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Voting by Proxy - aaaah

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
whitefluffyclouds

Voting by Proxy - aaaah

Postby whitefluffyclouds » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:18 pm

Sorry, but I need to rant. This isn't a post to discuss politics or the general election (as per board rules and common sense) but I've only just discovered, through an extremely belated Rethink Facebook post I saw an hour ago, that by proxy voting is acceptable if you have a mental health condition and can get somebody involved in your care to sign off on it and cast your vote!! How is this information not widely known and why would a mental health charity only educate people less than 48-hours before the polling stations open :x

I now have to get washed, dressed and walk 20-30 minutes in the rain (having hardly eaten this week) and get to my polling station in the wind, cold and dark. Last time I left my flat I had a major panic attack and literally thought I was having a heart attack so I'm scared, but feel so strongly about voting I have to try.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! According to another Facebook post an old friend voted by proxy two weeks ago because she's sunning herself in Spain, but only posted this today. You know what? I went an entire year without Facebook, perhaps I should quit it again, but it stops me feeling so isolated when depressed. :(

Best of luck those attempting to vote today. I'm just trying to remember this doesn't happen often xxxx

Return to “Rant Room”