Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Support workers

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
laurac1996

Support workers

Postby laurac1996 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:45 am

Hiya. I'm new to this support forum so not going to be great at typing stuff but I'll try..

I have new support workers - I'm unfit for work due to mental health so currently have support workers to get me out the house, build my confidence and also build my independence.
I have a few issues with the support workers, not sure how to address the issues as I don't want them getting annoyed with me. One thing they do that I'm not impressed with is drink energy drinks on shift with me; and by energy drinks I mean red bull and monster which has a lot of caffeine in. I don't really think they should be drinking such drinks on shift - what are your opinions??
They also swear in front of my parents which I find very embarrassing due to them being professional people and my mum disliking swearing.
Another issue is one of the support workers uses her e-cigarette on shift a lot. When we leave the house, the first thing she does is goes in her pocket and gets the e-cigarette out and it's as though it's the only thing on her mind which doesn't make me feel great seeing as she's meant to be here to support me.

May I have people's opinions please.

Thanks

hyster

Re: Support workers

Postby hyster » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:00 pm

swearing = extremely unprofessional
e-cigarette = extremely unprofessional
energy drinks = subjective but why need a legal high to get through the day ?? not good

they should be encouraging u not to drink them.

i dy see how they can be good support workers with so many deep / unprofessional flaws.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:00 pm

Welcome!x
RSxo <3

eeyore

Postby eeyore » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi. Find some better support workers if possible.

Return to “Rant Room”