Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

WORK AND BOOKED OFF

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
wgc2019

WORK AND BOOKED OFF

Postby wgc2019 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:54 pm

The other day I went to the DR an after a long discussion she booked me off work for a month(work at the moment is a trigger for me)with Depression,Anxiety and Stress. Now work is making me feel so guilty and they say their are just too many shifts to cover. I am a 57 yo Support Worker

hyster

Re: WORK AND BOOKED OFF

Postby hyster » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:20 pm

them being short staffed is there. problem not urs. they should have cover provided.
if u have give them a sick not and they are still trying to get u back to work by putting a guilt trip on u, then that is harrisment !!
if ur in a union contact them and tell them or just tell the employer u will contact a lawyer if they keep harising u.

rose98

Postby rose98 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:41 am

Don’t let them guilt you for having time off! My last job did that and I went back before I was ready and it was the worst mistake I could’ve made! It made me inevitably worse off in the long run to the point where I quit a job I loved because of how they handled the situation!
No one should make you feel guilty for taking care of your own mental health!

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:29 pm

Hey,

Your only responsibility is to get better. No one can work if they aren't well, and if they do, it only keeps them away from work for longer in the long run! Whoever is managing the team will have been trained on how to cope with absences and how to reallocate workload etc - that's their job as a managing role, not yours. Focus on getting yourself better, and that's all you need to worry about :)

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Rant Room”