Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Feel so low.

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
screamingindarkness

Feel so low.

Postby screamingindarkness » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:41 pm

I feel utterly destroyed. I am 25 and will never have a job friends or a partner. My life is coming off high doses of psychiatric drugs and trying to deal with the memories of when i was a teenager sectioned drugged and misdiagnosed with Bipolar (i was in two adolescent psychiatric units) and after them shoved across the country to a Asperger boarding school where they would increased the drugs and became annoyed at me as i was so drugged i couldn't get up to go to school and college (they insisted i attend the latter despite not being able to manage in mainstream environments that's why i was at the school in the first bloody place ironic).
I cannot have a life yet i want one with all my heart and soul.
I have to claim PIP yet i dont want to. I want a job to be part of the under thirty generation that work. My family have a work ethic. We are not scroungers (apart from me and a uncle who has emotional problems and a alcoholic he has no psychiatric diagnosis)
I live in a vibrant bohemian city yet know and speak to no one and exist on the fringes of society and feel such darkness and emotional pain.
I am sorry if last nights post sounded odd.
I tend to voice my perverted sexual wantings and thoughts.

count-brakula

Re: Feel so low.

Postby count-brakula » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi screamingindarkness,

I'm certain that the loneliness and isolation is crushing, I would have to admit to being at the other end of the spectrum, as I tend to crave solitude for the most part.
I also agree with you, the thoughts of being denied a life feels soul destroying, especially when it is taken for granted by the "normals". The only thing that I've found that eases the pain on that one a bit, is accepting the limitations of my ability to cope and trying to make the best of things within those perimeters.
Try not to think of yourself as a scrounger, none of us chose to be this way, also the damned fatigue that often accompanies mental health problems can be excruciating.
I guess to the outside world it makes us look lazy, but then again, the people who matter in our lives tend to be more understanding.

I hope that things start easing up for you soon,

Take care,

Mike.

kat32

Re: Feel so low.

Postby kat32 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi, have you thought of researching the net for disability support groups, there are a few that can help you get work. If you check the www.gov.UK website and look at benefits or jobs section. There should be useful contact numbers.
You could go to the doctors and ask them to refer you to work4u schemes.
As your lonely have you thought about volunteering, you can check out www.doit.org

Return to “Rant Room”