Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Just need to vent

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
christabel

Just need to vent

Postby christabel » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:19 am

Feeling very weepy this morning. Been plagued by scam phone calls over the last few days and it started again first thing today.

Normally block them but they getting crafty and withholding numbers. Sorted now as they have been blocked by supplier. I hope.

Every time this happens I get so upset because of the poor people that get scammed. Do they not care that it's old or ill people that they are robbing. They must have no conscience. I know that I can't do much about it but it really affects me and I could sit and cry my eyes out. I just hope that karma does its work.

I think I will have to try to find something that will take my mind away from it. Sometimes being too sensitive is a pain.

Isap

Re: Just need to vent

Postby Isap » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:22 am

Those damn scammers are in every country and typically target the old and weak. Its disgusting.

Can I ask what kind of scam? In Japan, its pretending to be a young relative who has got into trouble and needs money fast.

kat32

Postby kat32 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:22 pm

I pick up and say sorry so and so not in or say that I live in rented accommodation so I don't get a say on things and put the phone down. Ah scammers, your not alone

christabel

Postby christabel » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Thanks for the replies.

They are from abroad and they try to get you to give them access to your accounts and passwords.

They were relentless yesterday and I tried blocking them but they just kept coming back in on withheld. When I didn't pick up they left nasty sounding messages on the machine.

After getting our supplier block them we did get two more that were from out of the area but I didn't pick up. Anymore and I will call supplier again. I've been having a look at call blocking machines that should help.

Chris.

christabel

Postby christabel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Back on again this morning. Leaving messages if I don't pick up. What do they get out of it.

Hope they get what is coming to them. And fast.

Feeling a bit better at least. It's horrible when these things strike when you are not feeling very strong.

count-brakula

Postby count-brakula » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi Chris,
I'm saddened to hear that you've been tormented like this, as if just trying to get from day to day isn't hard enough already.
It's very distressing to be targeted by scammers like that, combined with the fact that they've been leaving intimidating messages on your machine is just disgusting.
It's sad to think that these criminals are totally devoid of a conscience. But then again, if they did have a conscience they probably wouldn't be scammers in the first place. I'm in full agreement on the karma aspect, and hope it returns to bite them in the ass, preferably when they least expect it.
Take care,
Mike.

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:48 am

I'm in jail with 3 Romanian criminals, caught for credit card skimming. They have no conscience and are totally unpleasant characters.

Recently there were also 14 Taiwanese scammers targeting mainland Chinese
They got bail because they weren't targeting locals.

One solution is to get rid of a landline completely but I know that is really inconvenient.

ooby

Postby ooby » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:40 pm

I am sorry to hear about the scammers. What vile people.

christabel

Postby christabel » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:07 pm

Thanks for the support.

No more calls since yesterday morning. But have had to put a block on international calls as well as withheld.

I have heard one of the latest things is them asking questions so they have recordings of your voice to use on this new voice activated security.

I refuse to use this system. Be careful folks.

needtogetbetter

Postby needtogetbetter » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:00 am

Hi Christabel, i feel your pain these calls are a nuisance and dangerous to the vunerable. Iv had some lately they ask questions like do you have a pension? do you have a new kitchen? then you get calls from people thinking you want a new kitchen or wanting to talk to you about pensions, i think they are selling the number onto companies as leads its very frustrating.

Return to “Rant Room”