Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Why is it?

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
christabel

Why is it?

Postby christabel » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:09 pm

People think that they can say anything hurtful and when you react turn it round by saying you are too sensitive.

I've always tried to understand why people act the way they do and make allowances but now I'm not bothered if they are in my life anymore. It's happened too many times and to me it is another form of bullying.

It has taken us a while for our MH to be a bit better then we get people like that who don't care, obviously, that we could be knocked right back.

I've got priorities right and I know who matters and who is not worth bothering with. Sad though.

christabel

Re: Why is it?

Postby christabel » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:58 pm

They just can't help themselves can they. Now been told I've exaggerated my illness all these years. Just let me know what a nasty spiteful bully they are.

At least I know where I stand.

count-brakula

Postby count-brakula » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:41 pm

‪Hi Chris,‬
‪You've raised a good point, to be told that you're being overly sensitive whenever you take issue with a hurtful comment really is a kick in the teeth. Hell, I think we all wish it could be 'water off a duck's back', but every hurtful thing sinks in deep where it festers until we can put it into some kind of perspective. I think the sad truth of the matter is, no matter how hard we try to explain our needs and how crippling insensitive comments and actions can be to us, most folk really can't grasp this. Those that are genuinely oblivious to this, I tend to have a more forgiving attitude towards. When comes to those I suspect are being hurtful on purpose, those are the ones I cut out of my life all together.‬
‪Anyway, I hope you start feeling better soon,‬
‪Take care, ‬
‪Mike.‬

christabel

Postby christabel » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:37 pm

Thanks Mike

The remarks made were of no other reason than to hurt me. I have had to make a stand to these people and they don't like it that I will no longer stand for needless rude remarks and there manipulating ways.

It was one last parting shot to get back at me. I am trying my best to not let it get to me too much. It's hard because it goes against my nature to be like this.

It's not good news for the friend of ours im afraid. Stopped anymore treatment and letting her home to be with her family for the end. My sister is still having treatment but is trying to keep positive.

So sad to take lovely people.

I hope you are not too bad. I know you pop in and out when you can. We are okish here. Better now than the last few years but it has been one peculiar year. Both good and bad but at least we've got the medication sorted and we are coping.

Why do people make things so hard for us Mike. I never thought I would want to cut this person out of my life. I've never really discussed them with others but people who know them have said in the past how they have treated them badly so it not just my opinion. Sorry to jump about a bit.

Take care. Hope you have a decent night. I'm aiming to try my best to. It's not getting the better of me.
Chris

christabel

Postby christabel » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:58 am

Tuesday morning and although I've tried to move on with things. Anxiety levels up and can't sleep.
Feel like ringing them up and yelling ' see what you've done '

Even if you think you're ok it's obviously working away in the back of your mind.

One minute I'm thinking I won't let them see how it has affected me and how much I'm happy and enjoying life because that would nark them more then I'm feeling anxious and low and they have pushed me too far and I don't want to be Here.

People have no idea how hard it is to just exist. Fighting through this daily. If it wasn't for hubby I would be gone. Had enough.

count-brakula

Postby count-brakula » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:22 pm

‪Hi Chris,‬
‪My apologies for taking a while responding, I've been having trouble concentrating lately (I guess it comes with the territory).‬
‪Thank you for the update on your sister and Kel. It is really is sad news about Kel, I'll continue to keep them both in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad to hear that you sister is managing to stay positive.‬

‪It really is horrible how the hurt can continue to prey on you after something like this. From my point of view, I wouldn't give this person the satisfaction of knowing how badly you've been affected by this, if for no other reason than making sure that any vulnerabilities are not exploited.‬

‪I hope things start easing up for you soon.‬
‪Take care,‬
‪Mike.‬

christabel

Postby christabel » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:18 pm

Hi Mike

No need ever to apologise. I get what you are saying. Feeling a bit better today although I've had very little sleep. Fighting spirit is still Here especially when I see the strained look on my hubbys face today because he heard the conversation and is so disgusted and upset for me. Plus he worries when I can't sleep.

Will try to shrug this person off. Even if I did get an apology, which I think is not very likely, I will never forget what has been said and be able to be comfortable discussing anything again.

Night time when you can't sleep is when all the demons of this bloomin illness come out to get you as you very likely know.

Thanks for the support and your prayers. They are returned for you especially if we haven't heard from you for a while. We might have this horrible illness but the kindness shines through. Take care. Chris

personlessvoid

Postby personlessvoid » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi Chris,
Earlier on this year I was dating a guy who called me a 'clingy bitch' and told me my depression was an 'excuse' and/or 'not real.'

Needless to say, I dumped his ass.
Personless Void

Fighting mental illness one step at a time!

christabel

Postby christabel » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:19 am

Hi there

I take comfort in the fact that karma will eventually get these people. I just wish I could keep my self control and not let them see how much things hurt me. I'm sure that would annoy them more and I wouldn't feel so much of a let down to myself.

It's hard not react to their put downs but that is what they want.

How are you doing?

Take care x Chris

mezzaninedoor

Postby mezzaninedoor » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:46 pm

Chris,
This is something that really annoys me as well. Luckily I don't get too much of this, just occasionally at work.
Its hurtful and you can't help but think people doing this have nothing other than wanting to be hurtful, nasty, spiteful. For a few, only a few, its possible to see their own absolute ignorance when it comes to those navigating mental health challenges.

I often think of the phrase that I started using with folks when i was at Polytechnic 30 years ago, just 'Be Nice' folks, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything.

I wish you well

Return to “Rant Room”