Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Support Forums are they really a help?

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
Mousebrown

Support Forums are they really a help?

Postby Mousebrown » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:53 am

///
Last edited by Mousebrown on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mousebrown

Re: Support Forums are they really a help?

Postby Mousebrown » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:16 am

hkjl
Last edited by Mousebrown on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ooby

Postby ooby » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Not all forums are heavy on acute/crisis/dramatic postings however it is true that these forums tend to attract such postings. It is also true that such posts attract more attention/response than for example those posting with chronic non acute/crisis problems of a debilitating nature.
Basically support here has always been limited if you are chronically as opposed to acutely ill. Something that is more likely to be the case the older you are.
Unfortunately that is very much to do with who joins the forums which it is very difficult to control so as to ensure a well balanced set of posters.
Once a forum gets a reputation for a strong amount of certain kinds of posters it tends to attract similar type posters.

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:55 pm

I used to post on here a lot but now no longer that I have the strength to do so

Tyke64

Postby Tyke64 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:57 pm

No idea if they work yet but I have read some very interesting posts I identify with.
I think trusting the words you put down are not going to read by someone who has not got a mental illness but does have an agenda is a big fear for me.
I believe the new name for these individuals is a "Troll" we just used to call them "bastards" before the internet. :lol:

mezzaninedoor

Postby mezzaninedoor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:01 pm

I can't quite understand as the Sane charity doesn't seem to have much of a presence on these forums.

Folks seem left to their own devices and yes there is some good stuff on here and some good people but overall I'm not sure whether it's doing me good especially as traffic on here seems quite limited.

Return to “Rant Room”