Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Well, I buggered that up didn't I!

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
pullyourselftogether

Well, I buggered that up didn't I!

Postby pullyourselftogether » Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 pm

After 18 months of fighting the grimness I have just about started to feel ok about life again. So what do I do? Forget to collect my happy pill prescription on Thursday. That's ok because I am now mended and can cope for a few days without pills. It's me that's happy, not the pills. Who needs pills when one had a naturally sunny disposition?

Turns out I do.

Prat.
Idiot.
Serves you bloody right.

belle

Re: Well, I buggered that up didn't I!

Postby belle » Mon May 27, 2013 1:08 pm

If you have a repeat prescription or the packages from the meds you need you can go to Boots and they will give you an emergency dose until the GP opens again. Unfortunately you have to pay as it is considered a private prescription.
Or ring the out of hours who will hopefully have access to your notes and can fax a prescription to your local pharmacy.
That might help, but it sounds like maybe you are more angry with yourself for getting in a mess and the realisation you still needs the meds.
It may be that going cold turkey has thrown you where as a gradual decrease might mean you are not so dependant on the meds as you think?
Please try not to beat yourself up.
I expect lots of people on here can identify with you post.
Take care.

toxicmind

Postby toxicmind » Mon May 27, 2013 10:06 pm

you got two choices take the happy pills and let them suppress the mood swings and put up with the side effects or don't take the pills and have mood swings and no side effects its your choice belle has given some sound advice i wish you well

pullyourselftogether

Postby pullyourselftogether » Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 am

Thank you for the replies.

I didn't know about the out-of-hours options. Any how, the surgery is open this morning for a top up.

Belle, when I read your reply I had a cry. That is something that really doesn't happen to me, so just goes to show what a roller coaster depression can be. (Did I just admit the D word to another person? )

I managed to get myself straight again by having a sleep. I find that can kind of reset things some how.

belle

Postby belle » Tue May 28, 2013 11:23 am

Hi.
I'm glad you can get your meds top up sorted out today.
As for the D word.... sounds like maybe you find it hard to accept you are unwell? Depression is an illness - just like anything else eg asthma, diabetes - but has a lot of stigma attached to it even now. I have had MH illness for over 36 years but only 'came out' 18 months ago. It was very hard to do because somehow it feels as if it's your 'fault' and the power to get well is entirely in your hands and capability if that makes sense.
I'm glad the sleep has helped reset you, but you don't have to pretend on here and you won't be judged either so keep posting if it helps.
Take care.
x

Return to “Rant Room”