Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How much truth is too much?

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
painkillerv3

How much truth is too much?

Postby painkillerv3 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Just mailed housing AGAIN complaining about power tool noise outside and really layed into them that they are useless sacks of s**t but yet can jump on me for something minor but do f all else. Is it too much to tell the truth to your housing that well they know me and any issues but do you think the truth of if they dont do something I will crack him around the back of the head instead? too much? I hate the little f'ing cliques in this block one starts a complaint they all jump in for the fun of it and cover eachother if they get complained about. Seriously will crack the bas***rd round the head got alot of pent up hostility of late just waiting for a reason.
I'm a little tea pot bloody and cut, here is my handle here is my butt

ONLY 7 WEEKS LEFT!!

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: How much truth is too much?

Postby judithj » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:50 pm

threatening violence is never a good idea as it gives whoever you're complaining to an excuse for ignoring it. be calm, give as much detail as possible - if it's the 3rd time you've written to them, make sure you mention that in your letter and always keep copies. if they continue to take no notice, continue to write but also send copies of the letters to managers, managers of managers etc, going up the scale each time and always add "cc to whoever else you send it to. do some research and find out who is ultimately responsible for the issues you are writing about - that would be the head of council department. after 3 reasonable, non-threatening and explanatory letters send another one giving a time-scale by which you expect action to be taken (2 weeks is usually reasonable), then write to the head of department. if you get no action there, write to your MP and enclose copies of the letters, hugs, Judith xxx

painkillerv3

Postby painkillerv3 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:57 am

Thanks J, I have sent another email asking for direct contact with one of the officers higher up than the one im meant to talk to. It always makes me laugh, 3 maybe 4 of the others who live here are in a pack, one of the 4 treats the place like his personal scrap yard/hobo collection site right... i have moved my old couch and armchair outside tucked in a corner awaiting my broadland council to pick it up tuesday and one of the others have just made a complaint.... but i have them under cover and have pre arranged pickup with housing authority and i get a complaint? so why does the other one not get complaints but makes the place look like a trash site at least my chair is being picked up where as his junk has been there for 7+ years straight. I will force them to take action, maybe they wont come see me as they feel under threat maybe??? do have loads of blades pinned on the wall after all. It just makes me sick about favorites, remember me posting last time that i made a load of complaints that are bound to be ignored? they were and they never got back to me.
I'm a little tea pot bloody and cut, here is my handle here is my butt

ONLY 7 WEEKS LEFT!!

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:25 am

if they feel under threat, then they won't do a home visit. that's why it's important not to make threats. also, sending e-mails isn't the best way of dealing with things: it's better to write a letter and make it clear that it's a letter of complaint, as there may be a procedure for letters of complaint, hugs, Judith xxx

loz7

Postby loz7 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Also, one thing I've found works really well is: when you've done a pen and paper letter, photocopy it and send it to the boss of whoever you're complaining to. It just means that everyone then seems to do their best to be professional as the thought of their supervisor looking over their shoulder 'focusses the mind'. Also, if you're going to do that, write at the bottom of your letter 'Copy to:' and put the name of the boss supervisor in question before you photocopy it.

loz7
'One day at a time, one foot in front of the other...'

Return to “Rant Room”